Sign in to follow this  
PLRSniper

Enough already!!!  NearestObject issue...

I'm having some serious issues with the NearestObject command!

I know this SHOULD work but it just dont!

-----------------------------------------------------------

NearestObject [Player, "StreetLamp"] SwitchLight "Off"

This does not work with ANYTHING and im standing in front of those original StreetLamps at Edron island...

I tried this as well...

Fido = NearestObject [Player, "StreetLamp"]

When i do "Hint Format["%1", Fido]" it prints:

<NULL-Object>

I also tried

Fido = NearestObject [Player, "M1Abrams"]

It returned "xxxxxxx# NOID M1Abrams" which i expected!

This IS BOTHERING ME!!!

Im running OFP 1.96 so im thinking it might be a bug in a late update?

What i was planning to do in the first place was to have a script that reconices all Buildings and Lampposts and such and recording them to make a AI for my OLD OLD OLD Idéa that i have...  (Dont bother about that)

But i came up to another REALLLY IRRITATING ISSUE!

I cant move the objects on the map either!!!

Before i could move anything i wanted wherever i wanted but now all the sudden i cant!!!

Object xxx SetPos [X, Y, Z]

That doesn't work no more for me...

WHY OH WHY!

And with that Ketegys Editor upgrade Ver 1.11 or 1.2 (Dunno)

I place a StreetLamp (Res) object and light it up with SwitchLight "On" and the light is halfway up the lamppost and when i preview the mission again i get dumped to desktop...

Very nice indeed  smile_o.gif

Is there anyone that have made an addon streetlight that DONT flicker (Using simulation="StreetLamp") rock.gif

Please post a link... (I just might send you a lollipop by mail)  wink_o.gif

Thanks for ANY replies

EDIT: FIXED MISSING COMMAS biggrin_o.gif

You need a comma seperator as a minimum.

Quote[/b] ]You need a comma seperator as a minimum.

Ooops...

I have typed that command SO many times now that i just had to miss a comma some time...

I ensure you i typed it right all 50 + times that i have typed it in diffrent styles and variations...    tounge_o.gif

Sleep is also good for the brain activity  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks anyways bn880

Okay

try nearestObject [player, "StreetLampWood"] and nearestObject [player, "StreetLampPanel"]

And with that Ketegys Editor upgrade Ver 1.11 or 1.2 (Dunno)

I place a StreetLamp (Res) object and light it up with SwitchLight "On" and the light is halfway up the lamppost and when i preview the mission again i get dumped to desktop...

Very nice indeed  smile_o.gif

just to let you know that I have been experiencing the same issue to such an extent that I have stopped using streetlamps from the editor upgrade altogether. There's some fairly "safe" streetlamps in the reallights addon on http://www.aef-kampagne.de

Quote[/b] ]Okay  

try nearestObject [player, "StreetLampWood"]  and nearestObject [player, "StreetLampPanel"]

I did try StreetLampWood before.  (Res\Bin\Config.Bin Info)

Never heard of Panel, only metal but i'll test it later thank you smile_o.gif

EDITED: For everybodys information that did not work either... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]just to let you know that I have been experiencing the same issue to such an extent that I have stopped using streetlamps from the editor upgrade altogether. There's some fairly "safe" streetlamps in the reallights addon on http://www.aef-kampagne.de

Checking this link out now...

Thanks for the info!

Quote[/b] ]I place a StreetLamp (Res) object and light it up with SwitchLight "On" and the light is halfway up the lamppost and when i preview the mission again i get dumped to desktop...

I thought that the streetlamps in the EU weren't supposed to be able to be turned on. But also, grab the streetlamps addon from ofp.info. It works great.

Quote[/b] ]Before i could move anything i wanted wherever i wanted but now all the sudden i cant!!!

Object xxx SetPos [X, Y, Z]

That doesn't work no more for me...

They removed the ability to do that in resistance. I think they also changed something about the classname of streetlamps from CWC to Res, because I ran into the same problem in a mission I was doing, between when I upgraded to res.

Quote[/b] ]Okay

try nearestObject [player, "StreetLampWood"] and nearestObject [player, "StreetLampPanel"]

I did try StreetLampWood before. (Res\Bin\Config.Bin Info)

Never heard of Panel, only metal but i'll test it later thank you smile_o.gif

EDITED: For everybodys information that did not work either... sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]just to let you know that I have been experiencing the same issue to such an extent that I have stopped using streetlamps from the editor upgrade altogether. There's some fairly "safe" streetlamps in the reallights addon on http://www.aef-kampagne.de

Checking this link out now...

Thanks for the info!

It works, I tested it, you may have yet another lamp type that's all. Check the type of the lamp. Remember in the editor you can display object ID's.

Quote[/b] ]I thought that the streetlamps in the EU weren't supposed to be able to be turned on. But also, grab the streetlamps addon from ofp.info. It works great.

I had to open that up and tweak it a bit. LOL! They were WAYYY to bright. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I had to open that up and tweak it a bit. LOL! They were WAYYY to bright.

Agree with you olseric!

But how about that annoying flickering!!!

I know streetlamps on everon use the standard settings set in Config.Bin and they are also set at:

Simulation="StreetLamp"

All addons have:

Simulation="Fire"

I tried to change a addon so it uses the "StreetLamp" simulation but then the object's dont eaven show up...!

PLUS!

I tried to change the addon so the streetlamp would fall like a tree like all other streetlamps already on the map but it dosent seem to work either...

Have you solved this perhaps olseric?

By the way... I'll just have to ignore the stupid NearestObject issue... I promise i've tried EVERYTHING but reinstalling OFP... I dont want to do that and im going to use another function to go through all objects in the map...

And more to that... im going to calculate where there is land and where there is water... (Kind of advanced stuff)

Making a complete new AI model that will make the computer walk, Fly, Drive all over the map and reinforce where needed and so on...

So bumping into this NearestObject thing was just so annoying!

Workaround here... workaround there!!!

biggrin_o.gif For now...