Sign in to follow this  
Baphomet

Looking for a M4 suppressed addon

Wait and hear me out...

I know the title of this post is somewhat ridiculous being as that our community is inundated M4 addons. However I'm a picky bastard and whereas most people might be screaming for higher poly addons.

I'm the exact opposite.

I almost found something... until I found out it was a modified Fliper addon. Which... is out of the question. The guy makes some ok addons, but goddamned JPG textures. I won't have it. I just won't have any of it. As soon as I found out that his m4 addons used jpg textures. I refuse to use them.

I was wondering if anyone, anyone at all knows about a suppressed m4 addon that is reasonably close to stock OFP detail? I'll bet there isn't. Ironically enough, what with the fifty million m4 addons we have out there.

I'm desperate though.

i also think the BAS Deltas & Rangers have surpressed M4s. there is a (S) in front of the unitname in the editor then...

i also think the BAS Deltas & Rangers have surpressed M4s. there is a (S) in front of the unitname in the editor then...

Yeah, but unfortunatly those are not scaled to real life, where as the MAP M4's are smile_o.gif

EDIT: should have read the last line more carefully-"close to stock ofp detail :P" In that case, go with marine assault pack.

I personally prefer Inquisitor's weapons over those in the MAP-they are just higher quality, the ones in the MAP are grainy and faded while inquistor's are crisp and colorful. Inquistor actually has a m4 weapon mod kit where you can make your own m4, but his default pack has quite a few m4's. He has some available in PAA textures on his site.

check out this m4 by bmgarcangel the page

Its about the 9th down , looks to have a suppressor and BIS style textures, havent tried it but it looks nice

Well, since the BIS XM-177 has 1387 vertexes, and Earl's M4 has 1511 vertexes,  I don't think there's anything wrong with pimping Earl's weapons again. A bit more than 100 more vertexes, and the final product is much better-looking biggrin_o.gif .

Edit - Meanwhile, BMG's M4, which uses cheap BIS textures, comes in at 2399 vertexes.

Edit2 - The final verdict:

BMG M4 SD - 2423 Vertexes

Earl's M4 SD - 1543 Vertexes

All measurements were done in the Pilot LOD.

Well, since the BIS XM-177 has 1387 vertexes, and Earl's M4 has 1511 vertexes,  I don't think there's anything wrong with pimping Earl's weapons again. A bit more than 100 more vertexes, and the final product is much better-looking biggrin_o.gif .

Edit - Meanwhile, BMG's M4, which uses cheap BIS textures, comes in at 2399 vertexes.

Edit2 - The final verdict:

BMG M4 SD - 2423 Vertexes

Earl's M4 SD - 1543 Vertexes

All measurements were done in the Pilot LOD.

Did you count every LOD and + them together? BIS xm-177 has on wear near 1387 vertexes(faces right?) more like 700 in the biggest LOD.

Besides BMG's dosent look like a M4 so there is no competission there.

flipeR M4 SD

Here you will find the first silent M4 for the game made by FlipeR it looks like a BIS gun and if I remember correct it is in PAA or PAC.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]Did you count every LOD and + them together? BIS xm-177 has on wear near 1387 vertexes(faces right?) more like 700 in the biggest LOD.

Read.

Quote[/b] ]All measurements were done in the Pilot LOD.
Quote[/b] ](faces right?)

No, a vertex is not a face. A face is a plane formed by vertexes.

Woopi lets all take Geometry again! j/k tounge_o.gif

Too bad MAP dosn't have a reguler M4 with supresser (not M4a1)

Quote[/b] ]Woopi lets all take Geometry again! j/k

I have many fond memories of Geometry class. The scary thing is that I'm not kidding tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]Too bad MAP dosn't have a reguler M4 with supresser (not M4a1)

Well, Earl works for BIS (Or is that BIA? Screw it, from now on I'm refering to BIS + BIA as "The Company" wink_o.gif  blues.gif ), so we could see more of his excellent stuff in OFP2 or VBS1.

Quote[/b] ]Did you count every LOD and + them together? BIS xm-177 has on wear near 1387 vertexes(faces right?) more like 700 in the biggest LOD.

Read.

Quote[/b] ]All measurements were done in the Pilot LOD.
Quote[/b] ](faces right?)

No, a vertex is not a face. A face is a plane formed by vertexes.

Okay so what you call a vertex is what I call a point oaky then points dosent realy matter that much it the faces that counts, points is realy nothing has no size no lenth or enything and as you know you have to make a model whit less than 300 faces(well you can make more but this is the basis rule) to have a shadow shown in OFP and as fare as I remember Earls M4's have more faces than BIS's.

STGN

Quote[/b] ]Earls M4's have more faces than BIS's.

Correct, Earl's M4 has 778 faces compared to the XM-177's 621 faces.

If you don't care about jpeg textures(lag on slower PC's), you can also use Inquisitors fantastic weapons, e.g:

M4SopmodINQ.jpg

You can choose between silenced and normal "mags".

MfG Lee wink_o.gif

Well, actually good pac and paa textures will look much better then this. The problem is to get a fresh stack not a CS rip.

Quote[/b] ]If you don't care about jpeg textures(lag on slower PC's), you can also use Inquisitors fantastic weapons, e.g:

They are not his weapons. Ripping them out of CS and packaging them does not make them his.

Quote[/b] ]If you don't care about jpeg textures(lag on slower PC's), you can also use Inquisitors fantastic weapons, e.g:

But he does care, and he says so in the first post tounge_o.gif .

Quote[/b] ]but goddamned JPG textures. I won't have it. I just won't have any of it.