Sign in to follow this  
-TFF- NEO

At ease!

Is it possible for us real players to switch to status safe? You know, if you are the leader you can report status safe to your soldiers... and they keep the weapon lower, not aiming. Can we do the same?

As for as I know, we can't - it's just the defualt player stance. I know what you mean, it's looks really stupid holding your weapon at shoulder height all the time.

A different stance for each combat mode would probably be the answer.

Err how about the "put gun on back" option? Or am I missing the point or something? smile.gif Could well be the case, first day back at college today after the Easter break and I didn't sleep last night smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 07 2002,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Err how about the "put gun on back" option? Or am I missing the point or something? smile.gif Could well be the case, first day back at college today after the Easter break and I didn't sleep last night smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That's not what I ment. And when the #### are you celebrating Easter? Hehe. smile.gif

Read it again and I think you'll understand.

I go with the 'gun on back' option. Thats how I've always intepreted it and how I understand the question. Never really studied it that closely since I always like to keep my gun in hand.

As for aiming lower, surely simply pushing the cursor below the horizon has the same effect though of course you end up looking at your feet. There are though two different stances. Switched by optic ( or 'f' key I think ) which change how you hold the gun when walking. Neither are truely relaxed but one is unquestionably a combat stance.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TFF] NEO @ Jan. 07 2002,16:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's not what I ment. And when the #### are you celebrating Easter? Hehe. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eehhh? We just celebrated it, last holidays before the Christmas ones in March smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's not what I ment. And when the #### are you celebrating Easter? Hehe. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Eehhh? We just celebrated it, last holidays before the Christmas ones in March smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Easter? When you paint eggs? That's in March or April, isn't it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I go with the 'gun on back' option. Thats how I've always intepreted it and how I understand the question. Never really studied it that closely since I always like to keep my gun in hand.

As for aiming lower, surely simply pushing the cursor below the horizon has the same effect though of course you end up looking at your feet. There are though two different stances. Switched by optic ( or 'f' key I think ) which change how you hold the gun when walking. Neither are truely relaxed but one is unquestionably a combat stance.<span id='postcolor'>

Then you misunderstood me.

Look, when you report to your squad (AI-controlled) status Safe. The soldiers keep their guns lower, not aiming all the time. NOT putting their guns on their backs. They just hold the gun more relaxed. Understand?

Now, does anybody know if you can do it yourself, and how?

Have a nice day. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TFF] NEO @ Jan. 07 2002,16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Easter? When you paint eggs? That's in March or April, isn't it?<span id='postcolor'>

Paint eggs? ? ? Nooooooooo that's May Day smile.gif

Speak for yourself but I always painted eggs at easter.

[TFF] NEO, yes. Went back and had another look and I see what you mean. You can take the relaxed stance when walking but it defaults back to aiming when you stop. And yet I'm sure this wasn't always the way. Back in the dim days of V1.0 there was no aiming stance ( if my memory serves ), then when it came in I seem to remember it for a slow walk, not standing.

Memory could be playing tricks but I think this is a more recent problem. Certainly in a multiplayer game its a bit of a giveaway as to whos AI and whos human. Something for BIS to take a look at?

Yes, I hope they do. It seems alittle weird when you're always aiming with your gun... sad.gif

lolol ive had to read this topic 4 times now and still lost =]]]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ Jan. 07 2002,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lolol   ive had to read this topic 4 times now   and still lost    =]]]<span id='postcolor'>

OK... start the game, make a map where you are the leader and you have like 3 AI-controlled soldiers under your command. Start playing. Mark all of them (your soldiers) and press 7 (Combat Mode), 4 (Safe). Watch how your soldiers lower their guns (from being aiming to holding it relaxed in their hands).

I was wondering, if we actual players somehow could do the same - lower our guns like that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 07 2002,19:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Me too Joe, me too sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

You paint eggs by Easter... I don't know what holiday you were talking about. Christmas? smile.gif

Ok I don't understand, why would you paint an egg? surely the design would be ruined when the chicken is hatched?? sad.gif

Oh God... biggrin.gif

Oh well, BIS could improve the soldiers' movements alittle - like the discussed hand signs or what ever they are called, and this thing...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TFF] NEO @ Jan. 07 2002,20:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and this thing...<span id='postcolor'>

And this thing?? You want painted eggs in Opf? Are you insane man? Bis got enough grief cos of the Christmas trees wink.gif

I would like to have a Knife and a sidearm with me at all times....Sneaking up on a enemy and taking them out with a m16 at point blank range just doesnt seem right.

i dont think its possible only gun on back and the usuall available i know what u mean tho the gun on back results in you not being able to move fast it would be nice for an inbetween but also if i was running around like this i think id be shot more often as usually i just get the rounds of into the enemy and thats with gun in shoulder ready to go if i had anyting else to do to get a shot off id be ded =[[[

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Jan. 07 2002,22:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and this thing...<span id='postcolor'>

And this thing?? You want painted eggs in Opf? Are you insane man? Bis got enough grief cos of the Christmas trees wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

No, no... With "this thing" I ment the arm thing, the way you hold your gun - that's what this topic is about. tounge.gif

lol, getting totally misunderstood in this topic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TFF] NEO @ Jan. 08 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol, getting totally misunderstood in this topic.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehehe that's my fault, I went without sleep Sunday night and when I've not had enough sleep for a while my sense of humour tends to go, shall we say "abstract" wink.gif

And yes it was Christmas we just celebrated wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hehehe that's my fault, I went without sleep Sunday night and when I've not had enough sleep for a while my sense of humour tends to go, shall we say "abstract" wink.gif

And yes it was Christmas we just celebrated wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL biggrin.gif