Sign in to follow this  
stlkd

get "load error" when trying to load pd3's

every time i try to load certain models i keep getting a cannot load "load error" does anyone know why this is happening? and if i can fix it.

You haven't said much, but you're probably trying to load a binarized, or ODOL format, P3D. O2 can't load ODOL P3Ds. "Odol explorer" can open binarized P3Ds and save them in the MLOD format, which O2 does read. Google or a search of the forum should turn up the website pretty quick.

And for my little disclaimer, permission and credit are good if you plan on releasing any derivatives of whoever's model that is.

ok thanks but i dont plan on releasing anything. sorry about being a little vage but you did help. But know i have ran into another problem. I try loading a background texture for mapping of a model and all i get is another error that says "unable to convert texture, pac2pal error!" Im trying to follow this tutorial of how to make a m16 so i can learn to model myself. And one step is to create a map by putting a picture of what you want to model on in the background and you basically trace it. It also say's in the uper left corner texture null. I have heard of some error or virus that wont allow you to make your own textures in o2. I swear if its not one thing its another.

You have done 1 or 2 of the following smile_o.gif

1. Not read the readme

2. Not followed BRSSEBs setting up Oxygen tutorial

smile_o.gif

http://www.ofp.info/brsseb - its a godsent when you first start out.

Its sounds like you have not set the paths to the .dll files in Oxygen (FILE -> OPTIONS) remember to quit and restart O2 to see any changes.