Sign in to follow this  
wass24

Frustrating collision problem

I was just putting collision on a new part of my building using the Geometry LOD and put it in the game, now there seems to be an invisible force field around the whole building that does not appear in O2. It is getting very frustrating because it was working fine before I added the new part in. I am also running through railings that have collision on them too. maybe I'm not applying the correct amount of mass or something???

Make sure you do

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"Structure -> Topology -> Find Components"

in the menu after making the geometry.

perhaps u might wanna try Structure>Convexity>find non convexity?...cos it will show up as red dots on faces that are either not closed or reversed - a common cause of 'invisble' walls. If there are red dots, zoom in on the area and then draw triangles to close it and recheck. If all else fails, try the above mentioned trick by Maddog but part by part. Open a new lod for one or a few parts and then find components, then copy and paste it back onto geo lod, remember to delete that lod once ok.

2ndly try to make the walls thicker - half a box square thick for geo to work.

3rdly, test with more soldiers cos it seem the first man(AI, not player) will always be able to penetrate thru walls, an ofp bug perhaps?

hope it helps