Sign in to follow this  
the_shadow

a little help needed!!

ok, since i wasnt able to find what i was looking for (neither on this forum nor anywhere else) and i cant post in any other topic witch has something to do with my request (they are all too old) i have to start a new thread.

im in need of a simple paradrop script, but personally i cant script (not even how much i try i dont seam to lern)

anyway, i have only 2 requests about the mission...

1, the script MUST be activated by Planename exec "scriptname.sqs"

and 2: all units assigned as cargo to that plane should jump with 1 second interval (no mather if they are in the same group or in different groups, all should jump)

you can post the code here so i can copy - paste it into a notepad document...

thanks..

Have you tried the paradrop script located in the 3rd page of the Mission Editing FAQ that is pinned here (4th post of the linked page by Harnu) ?

It seems to be exactly what you are looking for.

i only find 1 problem with it.... i got more then 12 men.. (thats 1 of the squads in the plane, i got several squads)

i need a script that i can use no mather how many units there is in the cargo plane.... maybe this can be fixed in that script though, can make it up to say 80 or 100 men instead of 12 :P

oh, and it shouldnt really care what name the plane has....

dont know if that would be possible though...

Sure its possible, heres a modified version of Cephalid's script which he posted in the FAQ, should be just what you need.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_heli = _this

_aunits= crew _heli

_i=0

_aunits = _aunits - [driver _heli,gunner _heli]

_j = count _aunits

#HERE

unassignvehicle (_aunits select _i)

(_aunits select _i) action["Eject",_heli]

_i=_i+1

~1

?_i > _j : Exit

goto "HERE"

and exec it just by Chopper exec "scriptname.sqs"

ok, this script works fine.. BUT it seams to me that the crew bails out to (and not only that, they bail out first leaving most of the other 22 men crashing into the ground and die)

i really dont want the crew to bail out, only those assigned as cargo to the plane....

other then that, it works fine, and looks good biggrin_o.gif

This may not help but what I once did was that I used the normal script and just execed it for all the groups (i had 6 in the Antanov plane).

####################################################################################

_aunits = units Group leader name eg "Team1"

_i = 0

_Max = count _aunits

#Here

(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",vehicle name]

_i=_i+1

~1

?_Max>_i:goto "Here"

_aunits = units Group leader name eg "Team2"

_j = 0

_Max = count _aunits

#Here1

(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",vehicle name]

_j=_j+1

~1

?_Max>_j:goto "Here1

And so on....

exit

####################################################################################

Or you could exec the normal script for one group then add to the end of it something like player exec "eject2.sqs" - If you get my drift...

team1.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_aunits = units team1

_i = 0

_Max = count _aunits

#Here

(_aunits select _i) action ["EJECT",heli]

_i=_i+1

~1

?_Max>_i:goto "Here"

player exec "team2.sqs"

exit

And "team2.sqs" would be exactly the same as "team1.sqs" apart from team1 would be changed to team2 in the script.

Aook  smile_o.gif

oh well. nevermind, it worked, the crew never ejected, only the Stupid AI decided to fly "nap of the earth" with a cargo plane... wich didnt work all that well through a forest... crazy_o.gif

oh well. nevermind, it worked, the crew never ejected, only the Stupid AI decided to fly "nap of the earth" with a cargo plane... wich didnt work all that well through a forest...  crazy_o.gif

So you got your ejection script working?

The "oh well" doesn't seem too positive... rock.gif

Aook

it works, even better then i hoped... managed to lower the tim to half a second instead of 1 second between jumpers.... now it even looks like they jump from both sides (looks like they jump in pairs, one from each door) too bad that they jump from the front of the FDF focker... (infront of the wings, almost hitting the preopellers) but well, i guess everything cant be prefect right? biggrin_o.gif

atleast it works and does what i want to smile_o.gif

Oh thats good  biggrin_o.gif  I'm glad to see you got it working  tounge_o.gif

Aook  smile_o.gif