Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Clean Sweep II second objective checke on start

Is it just me?

I start the good old Clean Sweep II mission and the last objective (to evac in the UH60) is checked green just after you start the mission.

I UnPBOd the mission but I got lost in the triggers. sad_o.gif

same here, strange .. how could she know that ... vodoo ?  ghostface.gif

i dont think the SP missions have been updated since 1.85 - new scripting and AI routines probally mucked up BIS's trigger frenzy way of mission editing

i dont think the SP missions have been updated since 1.85 - new scripting and AI routines probally mucked up BIS's trigger frenzy way of mission editing

Yes but it's really weird. Here's what triggers the objective's DONE status:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> class Item3

{

position[]={5010.924805,158.154846,6957.289063};

a=250.000000;

b=250.000000;

activationBy="GROUP";

age="UNKNOWN";

idVehicle=1;

text="Inside";

expCond="(""_x in aUH"" count thislist == ""alive _x"" count thislist) and alive aP";

expActiv="""3"" objStatus ""DONE""";

class Effects

{

};

};

This is the exact same trigger as in the initial Cleansweep mission, where it works correctly. "aUH" is the Blackhawk and no one has boarded it at mission start.

When all the enemies are eliminated, the first objective is checked off and "Done=true" is set.

It would seem therefore that adding:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"> and Done

to the expCond statement would be the correct and logical solution, even though this should not be necessary.

So, is this an OFP internal bug or is there something else in the mission that is logically causing the condition to be met? rock.gif

hmmm... i cant see why that would fire early with those conditions... is the players group grouped to the trigger?

otherwise that should work fine

hmmm... i cant see why that would fire early with those conditions... is the players group grouped to the trigger?

If you mean to ask if there's a thin blue line in the mission editor from the group leader to the trigger flag icon, then yes, in both Clean Sweep and Clean Sweep II.

The only difference about the groups is that in Clean Sweep, the player does not start off as the commander of the group, whereas is CS II the player is the commander. But that should also be irrelevant, correct?

You've got mail... errm... IM  tounge_o.gif

So do you!

In your mail, you said you couldn't figure what was causing the bug and implemented an alternate solution instead.

BIS, is this a newly discovered bug or is there a logical explanation for the mission's behavior? rock.gif

unless there was something in a Unit's init field i missed, otherwise the trigger should not have fire because the conditions weren't being met - for a start, it couldn't have fired without the player entering the trigger area, which he never did... it confused me entirely rock.gif

New Version

This is the updated original of the clean sweep misson using BIS units. Requires resistance due to some of the new scripting.

Modified from 1.0:

Fixed objective 2 being marked "Done" from the start of the mission.

Tweaked chopper extraction using scripts rather than triggers. Chopper is prevented from flaring on landing.

Fire script by TJ added for when the player destroys the BMP. Just to updated it to Resistance capabilities.

Enjoy - also remember to try out Avon's elite special forces pack version of this, using some very good addons. This link will remain for only a few weeks before i'll take the file down smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Enjoy - also remember to try out Avon's elite special forces pack version of this, using some very good addons.

Sounds intersting - any chance of a link, Avon or Messiah?

Cheers!

edit - just seen it in user missions! DOH!!!