Sign in to follow this  
spring-R

Maps in Operation Flashpoint 2?

Hmm, I'm not sure how it would work. I'm sure it is possible though.

For instance, they could make it so that you have never ending jungles or deserts. After some time of moving in one direction you would notice a "patern" in which certain trees and farms appear.

Imagine how big the map would have to be (map as in the pressing M thing) if you had never ending land? Anyway, I trust BIS to do a good job on it, as long as we dont get stupid "invisible edges" like in Battlefield and so on, i hate that.

Quote[/b] ]Anyway, I trust BIS to do a good job on it, as long as we dont get stupid "invisible edges" like in Battlefield and so on, i hate that.

I agree! BIS made a simple but very effective restrictions for OFP1 maps: water. It's easy to accept; you are on an island! Those invisible barriers are stupid.

I am not into car racing games at all, but my friend's son was playing a demo of Xpand Rally or something. There I realized that the terrain engine might be very, very suitable for OFP2. It seems to be good, unrestricted and good looking. Also the graphics is not polished to be candy-dandy. I want my OFP to be a bit "harsh" looking, graphics-wise and especially color-wise!

The Xpand-Rally area isn´t unrestricted. It´s surrounded by hills you cannot climb with your car. I think there´s nothing beyond those.

There is really only one game in PC-game-history that had an UNLIMITED area. You could walk for hours, days and months in one direction: Project IGI. The landscape was a mathematical production so it was endless. If you could combine this with automatic scenery population you could have a whole continent for your OPF2 smile_o.gif

I didn't bother to watch the rally game being played forever by 3 year old, we had more important stuff to do like drinking beer and barbecue (sorry, offtopic, BUT): it seemed for me to be quite good terrain engine and by general overview, it seemed to be unrestricted. Even my friend told me that he *knew* I would be saying the thing.. thing about OFP biggrin_o.gif

I never actually played IGI (tried it briefly) so didn't actually check out "how deep the rabbit hole goes".

Hi,guys!

Well,i just saw the first post,and i'm wondering 2,bout the locations of the maps,and all this stuff.Also i think,i've read

before something about,tha OFP2 will have 3 difrent campaigns.That might be quite good,but i also read a post from here,that there will be no 'nam' campaign.Why every one is so stuck?I mean,there is too many fresh ideas of making new theaters of war,such as Golf war,Afghanistan,Somalia,Caucasus crisis,and so on.Or even phillipenes or something like that.We can't get loose of the old stuffs?

Now,about,the music...i think FDF hade the best band ever.

And i mean the finnish rock-metal band 'Airut'.

Something like that it would be awesome!

At the end,for the matter of limmitation within the maps,i can't figure out any solution,but don't worry,hell,they'll find something to work it out! ghostface.gif

The Xpand-Rally area isn´t unrestricted. It´s surrounded by hills you cannot climb with your car. I think there´s nothing beyond those.

There is really only one game in PC-game-history that had an UNLIMITED area. You could walk for hours, days and months in one direction: Project IGI. The landscape was a mathematical production so it was endless. If you could combine this with automatic scenery population you could have a whole continent for your OPF2 smile_o.gif

Tribes and Tribes 2 also used a mathematical engine, only object placement was restricted to a limited area.