Sign in to follow this  
SilentEcho

What Laser Designator

Just wondering because when u are in third person view the laser thing looks stupid with the tripods on your shoulder. plz dont yell at me and dont start cursing at me i am just wondering

Military grade LTD wernt around back in 1985. The LTD's of today leave no visable laser dot on the target (similar to a CD player laser). You could'nt see it if it was shining in your face.

The model in flashpoint seem's to be a Topographical instrument used to find the contours of land for geological surveys and mapper's. I can't think of the name they use for them.

If you turn tracers off you don't see a laser dot. But on the topic, it doesn't matter to me.

Laser designators was already used in Vietnam war so there isnt any doubt about if was around in 1985  smile.gif

Im not sure whic one model we choose to model  confused.gif

maby is it  AN/PAQ 1 or british equval to this.

Gonna find out exact type :-)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MP @ Jan. 06 2002,09:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Military grade LTD wernt around back in 1985. The LTD's of today leave no visable laser dot on the target (similar to a CD player laser). You could'nt see it if it was shining in your face.

The model in flashpoint seem's to be a Topographical instrument used to find the contours of land for geological surveys and mapper's. I can't think of the name they use for them.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually LTD´s have been used extensively ever since the vietnam era, the ground based manportable version we have in OFP could likely be this one here:

img012.gif

The AN/PAQ-1 operators FM dates back to 15.11.1980 FYI.

The only things that disturbs me is why the LTD can´t be operated on it´s tripod. Although shoulder launched is optional and not unrealistic- it´s not as precise as if fired steady from the tripod. Ground based LTD´s operate within a tactical range, that is around 3KM, lasering this distance precisely freehand is impossible, that´s why LTD´s come with a tripod, that might look to civillians like "instrument used to find the contours of land for geological surveys and mapper's"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Military grade LTD wernt around back in 1985. The LTD's of today leave no visable laser dot on the target (similar to a CD player laser). You could'nt see it if it was shining in your face.

The model in flashpoint seem's to be a Topographical instrument used to find the contours of land for geological surveys and mapper's. I can't think of the name they use for them.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually LTD´s have been used extensively ever since the vietnam era, the ground based manportable version we have in OFP could likely be this one here:

The AN/PAQ-1 operators FM dates back to 15.11.1980 FYI.

The only things that disturbs me is why the LTD can´t be operated on it´s tripod. Although shoulder launched is optional and not unrealistic- it´s not as precise as if fired steady from the tripod. Ground based LTD´s operate within a tactical range, that is around 3KM, lasering this distance precisely freehand is impossible, that´s why LTD´s come with a tripod, that might look to civillians like "instrument used to find the contours of land for geological surveys and mapper's"<span id='postcolor'>

I stand corrected and bow to your wisdom.  smile.gif

When you quote someone please remove the image link if the quoted post contains one, there's no need to show the same image again, thanx smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Erex @ Jan. 06 2002,22:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Avonlady: do you mean this one?<span id='postcolor'>

That's him! That's him! I'd recognize that face anywhere!

Buddy.jpg

Or do you prefer this one to recognize him?  tounge.gif

jarjarb.jpg

lol, say can you guys make me one too? something like "RedStorm Specimen"? biggrin.gif:D

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">say can you guys make me one too? something like "RedStorm Specimen"?<span id='postcolor'>

Whatever thrills ya!

buddy.jpg