Sign in to follow this  
Ninja_STO

Trinity Island animation

I have tried searching under "gate animation", "animate gate", "trinity", "power box", etc and have still been unable to figure this one out. If someone knows a link to another topic, please point me there and close this one. If this has not been answered before, maybe someone can help.

Problem is that using Trinity Island, there are a few power boxes located in some of the bases. They have an animation using the action menu when next to it, which can open the power box and turn off the switch.

One example of this is at grid Fd61, Object name is Green Current House, ID #46868. When the box is first approached, it is closed and action menu shows "Open trigger". When you use this action, the box door opens and switch is thrown into off position. You then have the action menu choice "Close trigger".

First off, how can I use this animation for a script? The readme files with the island have no information about it, and since searching comes up with no clues, I am unable to use it. I would like a script to see if the switch is on or off, and when off it will activate another function or script. Also, I'd like to know how to change the action menu text, so instead of "Close trigger" or "Open trigger" it would be selectable. Maybe rename it to "Power On" and "Power Off".

If anyone has figured this out please post the answer, I'd greatly appreciate it as it can find many uses in many missions.

Quote[/b] ]lightsdemo1.Eden demonstrates how you can use the current house to switch off and on the lights in a mission!

That was it alright. Damn that was fast! Thanks a million, I owe you one. This was part of the Baracken addon, and the mission mentioned above is included in the Baracken 1.1 pack.