Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Normandy by  uweheindorf !!!

uweheindorf sent us his version of Normandy terrain for OFP.

He wrote:

This is my first opf-island. It´s a Normandy island with a river in the south, the historically correct (80%), but not yet finished. Normandy coast in the north, bocage areas in the middle and some big or small towns all over the island. Note that the island is only a beta version and just about 40% finished !!! The name of .pbo file is Normandy !

uwes_F.jpg

You may D/L from ofp.info (there are here more, more pics) , or by clicking below :-)

DOWNLOAD (mirror # 1) - 3.99 MB

DOWNLOAD (mirror # 2) - 3.99 MB

fighter

smile_o.gif

Edit:

Required addons

- Hell's Circus Spearhead44 island

- Jean Christoph´s Normandy island

- Farmland objects( included in the Jc normandy island file)

Amazing Island for a start. I have a lot of military maps and photos of Normandy in WW2 and I have to say this map is damn accurate. Can't wait for further releases.

I...see...TALL....GRAAAASSSSS!!! FINALLY! I got a question though, does spearhead 44 have tall grass? Does the original jeans normandy have tall grass?

Spearhead44 and Armoured Spearhead don't use any tall grass. Come to think of it, about time I released SP44 v4 and also AS v1.

Spearhead44 also no longer uses any objects from the sphead.pbo file, which was the one that went in the ofp/dta folder. I found a better way of making bocage using standard OFP objects - a LONG time ago :P

Para

"Bocage" means that the fields are separated from each other by a line of trees.

The "Bocage Normand" is typical; The fields are relatively small, and the succession of these lines of trees made the terrain perfect for hidding and a nightmare for the attacker.

You had to cross a succession of open spaces with always a line of bushes in front of you making you an easy target.

Yes, jean christophes normandie 2.1 has LOTS of tall grass (fields) and bocage!

I'm sure this island will get all that stuff too.