Sign in to follow this  
Duke_of_Ray

Gas Prices

canada is $0.70CDN to $1.0CDN per litre depending on octane content/location/time.

that's about $0.52USD to $0.74USD

Octane is 87 to 94

And you should see how badly people in Alberta reacted to the ~$.72USD/litre price!

The price of a bit of hose pipe and a bag of mints for me tounge_o.gif

Arco is down to 1.99(9) USD per US Gallon for regular in places, figure costco is 10~15c cheaper.

~40-45cents in total taxes depending on your county's whims.

+- 10 cents depending on whether the pipeline works this week or not. (Local intrastate pipeline, several spectacular explosions over the last couple years.)

+- 5 cents depending on gas wars.

+- 5 cents depending on refinery's production of 'specialty' fuel (State law mandates a certain eco-blend, which is not sold or made for other states. Makes for an exclusive market. And we're not a corn state.).

-------------------------------------------

The real kicker is that China is starting to really take off economically, and their oil consumption is skyrocketing.

US DOE's Energy Information Administration info on China.

Basically, China's long term basic consumption demands are rising permanently, and their paying for it with their stockpiled trade surpluses, and world production is not rising fast enough to meet the faster rising baseline demand.

As a healthy grandson of a 1940's era Nuclear Reactor systems researcher, and also the grandson of a former XO of the USS Nautilus, I and my all my normal appendages (none abnormal) wholeheartedly support the continued utilization of warm, fuzzy, nuclear power. (Now where's my 3-eyed smiley when i need it...)

Southern Oregon, about $2.17 for cheap, up to $3.06 for Super.
Quote[/b] ]Duke_of_Ray Posted on June 30 2004,21:29

Is that just in your area? In Oklahoma, I have seen it for a 1.68, but it should be cheaper this week.

What part of OK? Back in fall of '98 during part of when I was stationed at Ft. Sill, Gas 4 Less sold Regular for about $0.86/gal. Man I miss that!

Around Atoka, and McAlaster, but the cheapest was in Atoka.

Here in Ottawa Ontario, On any given day, between 0.70-0.90 Canadian.

For a gallon or por uno liter? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]$1.89 cheapest

$2.20 most expensive

According to MSN Autos.

Is that just in your area? In Oklahoma, I have seen it for a 1.68, but it should be cheaper this week.

I concur smile_o.gif Well, actually on I40 I have seen it for $1.65 which is outragous! I miss the $1.18 a gallon we had last summer.

where are you in Oklahoma?

Cheap stuff is $1.89 (USD) Per Gallon. $1.99 for the kinda good stuff and $2.09 for premium. Give or take ten cents depending on what gas station you are at.

i have a secret gas station no one knows about, unfortunately its near my hometown and i cant get there!

Price $1.42 a gallon for the regular stuff

I live in Northern Vermont, USA (next to New York) and it averages 1.99 a gal for cheap stuff

i have a secret gas station no one knows about, unfortunately its near my hometown and i cant get there!

Out of gas? rock.gif