Sign in to follow this  
ade_mcc

Feature In next months PCGamer

(Appologies if this has been mentioned but I did search and everything...)

In this months UK edition of PG Gamer magazine July # 137 page 145 detailing next months issue (on sale July 8th) amonst other things is:

'Features: How Operation Flashpoint 2 is training the military'

Thats it, no more, no less.

Now, I recon that they have confused OFP2 with VBS and that we won't be seeing anything that we don't know already, but you never know.

If I get chance, i'll sign up to the PCGamer forum and ask for confirmation.

ps, i've got a scan of the page but there is nothing more than the test decribed above.

Quote[/b] ]Now, I recon that they have confused OFP2 with VBS and that we won't be seeing anything that we don't know already, but you never know.

Yeah that's probably it. Keep your eyes open though wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is there any news on this???

I had a quick look for a copy yesterday but they only had the CD editions

****offtopic rant about most people having DVD drives etc etc...*******

But I could only see a small section in the "coming soon" bit with a few lines and a blury picture of a soldier which could have been from anywhere.  Im just about to go out for lunch - i'll see if I can pick up a DVD copy on the way.

I just doubt that PC gamer would have any exclusive that we haddn't heard yet.

ps, and my question direct to the PCGamer folks went unanswered too.

ps, and my question direct to the PCGamer folks went unanswered too.

Unanswered as in they didnt reply so far or the topic was closed ?

Right, its number 9 in the PCgamer readers top 10 "most wanted"

Quote[/b] ]#9 Operation Flashpoint 2

Bohemia Interactive, makers of the original Operation Flashpoint and its sequal have given us a glimpse of their latest engine in action.  The VBS2 engine is being sold as an army training simulator, but it also drops heavy hints about the next Flashpoint game.  The sim has a modern day setting, boasts excellent lighting effects, and perfectly rounded character models (os opposed to Flashpoints mannequins).  The package, on sale for $150, includes 9 missions with a number of special forces add-ons available.  Currently it's used by the US Marine Corps.  If you fancy buying it, think again.  it's only sold to 'federal, state and local government agencies for military, law enforcement, homeland defence, and first responder training'.

Official ETA: Doesnt even have one

We say: This time next year.

then a picture of a fella that could be OFP or VBS with the quote "a well-rounded figure".  Ho ho ho.

I could scan if anyones fussed but I dont have anywhere to host. (and its not that exciting either).

@Nathanz - my question was simply unanswered.

I'll have a good read tonight, but that seems to be everything.

edited for spelling and messed up quote marks!!!