Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

Air Assault Operations Document

I am currently serving in a Blackhawk unit with 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault). Last year in Iraq the 101st conducted the biggest air assault operation in the history of war. I have taken my training in the real world and have tried to simplify it and apply it to OFP. I put together a document explaining proper air assault operations. I did not include every detail as that would be in violation of U.S. Army regulations. However, I do believe it might help some squads in future missions. You can download the document at the Special Operations Command website. Feel free to contact me with questions or comments. I hope you get something from my document.

Thanks,

Monty

Sounds like something interesting, and I plan to download it later tonight and check it out. I love to see how other current or prior-service soldiers adapt our real-world training into the game, and it's something I've been doing for some time now.

As a side note to anyone interested in reading the full Army manual for Air Assault operations, mostly just for entertainment value, you can go to the site below and read the entire manual. Makes for some good reading before bed  tounge_o.gif

FM 90-4 Air Assault Operations, from the ADTDL web site

Thanks for posting that link bro. I was looking for that last night but I couldn't find it. I appreciate it.

Monty

nice, downloading, always good to have an example of RL mission briefing.

BTW: thats some really good music at your site, who plays it?

EDIT: NM its from BHD , nice one smile_o.gif

Yeah, BHD music. The music is by a guy named Hans Zimmer. He has done music for a lot of big movies like Gladiator. That song on my site right now is called Hunger I do believe. Thanks for the comment.

Monty

Maybe you could post this up at OFPEC? There are a lot of aspiring mission makers there that don't know how to make realistic briefings.