Sign in to follow this  
WinterJet

United States Secret Service

Something that's been noticably absent (At least to me) from OFP is the US Secret Service. There is so much that can be done with them, from the Uniformed Division agents (Guys who guard the White House etc), the Emergency Response team (The guys who rush out of God knows where, fully armed, the second security is breached at the White House)  to the guys with sun glasses, ear pieces and slick suits that guard the President. You could also do the President's limo, Marine One, Air Force One etc.

What prompted this was seeing the VIP and Bodyguard guys from the latest installment of the FDF Mod. While they're well done they just really don't seem "secret service" (What with all of them having the same festive blue tie and all).

Here are some pic and info of the various Secret Service officers and various other SS related things.

Presidential Protection (Includes limo)

A Secret Service agent

A Secret Service agent with a metal detector in the crowd

A Uniformed Secret Service agent with an MP5

A Secret Service agent moments after President Reagan was shot. Other's are wrestling Hinkley to the ground

US Secret Service Uniformed Division takes a position with a shotgun as an unauthorized aircraft enters restricted airspace in the vicinity of the White House

US Secret Service Emergency Response Team officers take a fence jumper into custody on the North Lawn of the White House just moments after the man had made his way halfway across the front lawn of the presidential mansion

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp....69D014E

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp....52C6FB8

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp....854DA6C

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp....1BDD248

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp....A1ECEC3

http://cache.gettyimages.com/comp....1DDCA29

Don't mean to compare but sorta Hitman like missions.

Sounds good to me.

I watched a section on discovery channel and did you know that the secret service was originally started to combat counterfeit money scams

It still does. There's a whole thing on their site about counterfeit money biggrin_o.gif

Just seems funny. Badass guys with nice guns and cool suits by day, investigating couterfeit by night ;)

Any event where the U.S president would be would probably include hundreds (if not thousands) of AI civilians and an urban setting, bad idea for OFP...stick to Hitman.

When you fire a shot, suddenly a thousand civilians lie down or if you have them on setunitpos up mill around like asshats, the President circles around an invisible waypoint extremely slowly to get into his car crewed by a damn clumsy AI that goes nowhere because of AI blocking the road and starts driving in circles, all the while the Secret Service run around whereever and don't jump onto the President or anything they would do in a real-life situation. Anything you could conjure up with OFP about this subject would be nothing like a real-life situation, I think...

BTW there is already that M.I.B addon available made by...Ivan and Norsu? Search ofp.info for it, that's your SS right there.

yeh i think Secret Service agents would be awesome for citys or more urban areas something ofp has failed to do unfortunatly sad_o.gif

I made a cool missions where the President is awaiting extraction after being attacked in some city and he's in this compound with tons of Secret Service officers and a few Delta force Operators and they get attacked from all over and then someone drops some Spetz Natz in. It worked well.

I made a cool missions where the President is awaiting extraction after being attacked in some city and he's in this compound with tons of Secret Service officers and a few Delta force Operators and they get attacked from all over and then someone drops some Spetz Natz in. It worked well.

See, Delta do not travel around with the President in full combat gear, SS are the President's security and they have their own heavily armed SWAT team out of sight. Parachuting spetsnaz...the U.S President has so much security and people whereever he goes (practically an aircraft carrier for last line of backup), it would be completely impossible for a helicopter to get anywhere near him, I advise you to use some V.I.P than the President. wink_o.gif

And Spetsnaz?

Quote[/b] ]Gollum1 Posted on June 19 2004,01:29

"...the U.S President has so much security and people whereever he goes (practically an aircraft carrier for last line of backup), it would be completely impossible for a helicopter to get anywhere near him, I advise you to use some V.I.P than the President.

Quote[/b] ]Radar Detected Airplane before White House Crash

By Ruben Castaneda and Pierre Thomas

The Washington Post

WASHINGTON

The plane that slammed against the White House early Monday morning had been detected by radar at National Airport minutes before the crash, according to federal investigators who are trying to determine why Secret Service officers guarding the mansion weren't warned of the aircraft's approach....

Startled uniformed Secret Service officers at the White House saw the descending plane at 1:49 a.m. and ducked for cover. The plane crashed onto the South Lawn of the White House, skidded, slammed through the hedge and clipped the tree before it hit a wall on the west side of the mansion.....

Heavily armed guards protect the president and his home. Buildings are searched and snipers are perched for presidential motorcades. And flying over or near the White House, the Mall, the monuments and the Capitol is prohibited by federal law. But if someone chooses not to obey the rules, they can zoom into the forbidden zone without resistance, federal officials and aviators said.

Just thought you might remember this, and that sometimes even the SS isn't so protective. tounge_o.gif Not that this mission idea is the best, but if there are a few who wish to play it, it's not that impossible. rock.gif

Link to copy of full story

Sure a plane got near the white house, they can't have AA launchers activated all the time in a major city can they? I was talking about a helo insertion of Spets Naz. rock.gif

wait wait wait. when did a plane crash near the white house rock.gif

n/m, I should actually bother reading the first post properly.

See, Delta do not travel around with the President in full combat gear, SS are the President's security and they have their own heavily armed SWAT team out of sight. Parachuting spetsnaz...the U.S President has so much security and people whereever he goes (practically an aircraft carrier for last line of backup), it would be completely impossible for a helicopter to get anywhere near him, I advise you to use some V.I.P than the President. wink_o.gif

And Spetsnaz?

Dude. It was just a test. I realize Delta doesn't travel with the President. They were standing in for the uniformed ERT guys. It was just a what if scenerio. What if the President had been giving a speech in some city, shots were fired and he was transported to a fall back point to be extracted but the Terrorists know of this and attacked the compound. The US Government isn't the only Government or organization that can be organized and such. These what if scenerios are what make OFP great.