Sign in to follow this  
tankieboy

Player select screen

I am making a multiplayer mission that has an Assault Team, AT Team, Fire Support Team and a Flight Group.

The select player screen shows these groups as callsigns. Is there anyway to have it show the groups titles?

After looking over at OFPEC I found something that might be of help. The best way to see it is go to OFPEC by following link above, click on Editor's Depot, and in the Quick Search box just type in the following.

"Creating Identities, by Ace"

"Custom "HQ" Radio Callsigns"

As for the naming of the groups themselves and how to show their names on the MP side selection screen, I can't seem to find it at the moment, but I'm sure someone will post soon how it's done.

Sorry to say, but it seems that the Multiplayer Role Groupname is given by default, while you still can rename the GroupID in the init.sqs .... The roles on the MP screen and the attached names (Alpha Pink) are read/assigend before the init.sqs so i assume they come from a diffrent place.

I know that i.E. BAS added custom group names to Tonal, but still if you rename the Group to lets say: ops setgroupid ["SAR","TEAM"] the group will still be Alpha pink on the role setup.

Therefore i hope they inluede the ability for a short description on the actual role in the MP setup for OFP2.

So making missions with dedicated roles would be easier to make, cause the players in MP would know what to do if they take that spot.

Well thats all i could say about it, hope it helped in anyway.

regards,

Daywalker biggrin_o.gif