Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

My Opf:R Trailer

It's good to be back. As a gift to teh community I give you something that took me 1 day & a half to make.

I hope you enjoy the video.

http://www.roughnecks.org/specop/ResistanceTrailer.WMV

It's that Campaign project I been trying to get "**:voice actors:***" for.:)

Also,

Quote[/b] ]Hi,

As you’re aware today is the day that the forum amnesty kicks in for formerly banned members who requested amnesty.

You will be returning with a warning level of 3, that will be reduced by 1 for every 2 months of “good behaviourâ€, if 2 months pass and your warning level hasn’t been reduced simply PM me and I’ll take care of it.

There are really only two rules that apply specifically to your return: -

1. You do not discuss your ban, the reasons for you ban or anything else related to your ban on the forums.

So no talking about that. If you have a question PM me, but not here in tis thread..I enjoy posting here and I do not wish to have that privelage taken away smile_o.gif

Cya later

1. Unless you've been to war or something similarly significant "I'm back" threads have never been acceptable.

2. Trailers for usermade campaigns belong in user missions so moving there.

Thread title will be changed accordingly.

1. Unless you've been to war or something similarly significant "I'm back" threads have never been acceptable.

2. Trailers for usermade campaigns belong in user missions so moving there.

Thread title will be changed accordingly.

hehe...one problem it's not a Campaign smile_o.gif

It's meant to be a full length movie.

Your first post says it's a "campaign project". Confused me! rock.gif Now, what's this all about? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's meant to be a full length movie.

I liked the trailer! The only thing I would change are those scenes of dozens of LSDs and MI17s in formation. Looks artificial.

Your first post says it's a "campaign project". Confused me! rock.gif Now, what's this all about? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]It's meant to be a full length movie.

I liked the trailer! The only thing I would change are those scenes of dozens of LSDs and MI17s in formation. Looks artificial.

Yes, I know what you mean...many people from the Flashpoint community has mentioned this also.

What I'm trying to do is gain an audience outside the Flashpoint community also.  And creating huge scenes like that is the only way to gain their attention.

It's absolutely funny to be quite honest.  Nobody, and I mean nobody else found the scene of the choppers and Jets to be a bit overdone, and noticed if they were out of formation.

However people in the OFP community definately notice these things, because it's the whole "realistic" deal.

It's hard to balance something when you have MANY completely diverse groups of people, who notice things that may bring their expectations down.

As for it being a Campaign, that was originally scrapped.  The scenes I'm trying to get are simply impossible to get working in OFP.  So I moved onto making this a movie.  However, there will definately be a seperated team to build a Campaign that follows closely with the movie. Hopefully just in time for OFP2.

Hope that expalins a bit  smile_o.gif

As for it being a Campaign, that was originally scrapped.  The scenes I'm trying to get are simply impossible to get working in OFP.  So I moved onto making this a movie.

OK, Placebo - back to GENERAL! smile_o.gif

Blaaahh, perm ban for not explaining properly biggrin_o.gif

Moving back to General, title edited again crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Blaaahh, perm ban for not explaining properly  biggrin_o.gif

Moving back to General, title edited again  crazy_o.gif  smile_o.gif

Already urr havin problems, and it's the first hour LMAO  tounge_o.gif

Anyway,

I just saw that many people think this is a Russian war, when it sort of is, and it sort of is not.

I'm going in detail here, so you understand the main story.  However within the main story, is many other small little stories having to do with the characters within it.  it's hard to explain but I'll break it all down for you.

The story takes place in year 2007.  The reason for this, is because I personally dislike war movies that never actually happened.  However if it takes place in the future, I then believe anything is possible, and the movie as excuseable.  So, the movie takes place 3 years from now.

As we all know, present time, Russia is having a conflict with Chechnya.  And we all also know that, this war is not easy for the Russians, and they are definately struggling because Chechnya declared independance.

The main General, in charge of the entire war was killed, and a man named Dimitri Kozlova took his place.  The Russian casualties are growing at alarming rates, however the Russian President Vladimir Putin does not allow Kozlova to pull his troops out.  Being loyal to his country, he stays, but then is persuaded by his high in command friend to pull the troops out of Chechnya, without permission.  "I think you are forgetting who's army this is, and who commands it."

This convinces Kozlova to pull his troops out of Chechnya, but the troops are of course very resistant to his decision, his decision is to bring back the Communist Empire, the Soviets.   He manages to persuade them "If you stay, you die an honorable soldier.  If you leave with us, you live an honorable soldier."

The troops join him.  He now has a massive army he is in complete control of. Dont believe possible?  Read your history books people, it's happened many times, and that's why I love history.  It's not knowledge, it's proof, that something could happen again smile_o.gif

He plans to setup Military Citadels in numerous locations in the world.  His number one location is the Island South of China, HAINAN ISLAND.  A perfectly beautiful photo can be found HERE

The island is massive, I know.  But the Island wont be technically ingame, so there is no need to worry about actually building the Island smile_o.gif

This Island is where most the movie will take place.

The reason for this, is because I absolutely love Japanese and Chinese culture, and love their originality from the rest of the world.  Now, the Island wont be filled with Japanese and Chinese people.  They hear Kozlova's plans, and frankly get the hell out off the island in fear.  Some decide to stay, as they believe it's all not true, that Kozlova's forces could be violently invading their Island.  Hence, Resistance.

The U.S. military sends in a Special Forces team of 12 units for investigation after reports that Kozlova HAS arrived with military force onto the Island.  They check to see if anything seems wierd, look for any Military presence.  They find nothing.  Kozlova wants to remain hidden, and icolated from other parts of the world, and he knows if the Special Forces team reports back to the U.S, the U.S. will send a massive army to "tear down the red wall".  Kozlova remains hidden.  None of the civilians will speak, in fear of being killed and assasinated afterwards.  The Soviets were a violent group, and I definately plan on keeping this fact true to the movie.

The Special Forces find nothing.  But one soldier, named Axel who is the main character of the movie finds something very fishy.  He is a military expert, and he knows when something is wrong, even by looking into the eyes of the civilians.  His Commander orders him to get back in their chopper, and leave the Island, but Axel know's something is wrong and refuses. Commander gets pissed, lets him stay, and orders 2 other troops from the group to stay with Axel.

U.S. chopper leaves.  Axel and 2 other troops are left on the Island. With thousands of Soviet troops.  Now you get the hint why it's called Resistance...(title could change).

Then the main action story is played out. Perfectly.

It took me 6 months to come up with a believable story.

And this simple thread is 6 months worth.  

For more information on the Island, do a google search.  It's a beautiful tropical island south of China.

As for character requests, those will be coming soon. When I'm done getting Photos of them.

Just watched it, nice, now I understand why I thought someone in the building was watching "Law & Order" (one of my all time fave TV shows BTW) smile_o.gif

Already urr havin problems, and it's the first hour LMAO  tounge_o.gif

Hmph! Hardened criminals.

This is what Australia must've been like when British rejects began arriving. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Communist Empire, the Soviets

OMFG... again this shyte... mad_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

And again holy-super-ultra u.s. army's soldier will beat 10000000000000 evil Russians that kill and rape inocent civilians and will save the world from nuclear war and bla bla bal  .

man, i hate it.

And again holy-super-ultra u.s. army's soldier will beat 10000000000000 evil Russians that kill and rape inocent civilians and will save the world from nuclear war and bla bla bal  .

man, i hate it.

No, the occupants on the Island with the help of 3 U.S. Soldiers.

The ending wont be as you expect, either will the main story.

Don't judge something you have'nt seen yet smile_o.gif

While it's soemthing you may expect, excellent smile_o.gif

I havent even made the video yet and already somebody does'nt expect the unexpected smile_o.gif

man, i hate it.

If you want to rectify this situation, get serious and give us some good guy Russian missions.

I don't know anyone who isn't looking for them.

i hate it.

Perhaps if it's too hard to talk about moving on to another thread would be the best solution smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you want to rectify this situation, get serious and give us some good guy Russian missions

RETALIATION

Some fun detailed info:

Visual characters.

YOu may have seen some in the movie.  Here they are with a Mini Bio.

Axel: Axel.JPG

Abandoned as a child.  No home, no job, he had nothing.  By the age 17 he was arrested for many reasons, including stealing.  When he got out of prison, he got his life in order.  He decided to join the U.S. Marines.  A few years after, he left the Marines and got a good college education.  

While everything may seem great, his feelings still hurt.  His reason for leaving the Marines, is a nightmarish accident.  A nightmare that seems to stay with him, and he cant get rid of.

He was called upon this Operation tot he Southern Island of China.  He refuses to go back into war, now that he is an  Ex Marine who was in high command.  The seriousness of the mission forces the U.S. Military to retrieve Axel, whether he likes it or not, he's going back out on the field.

Jacob Hearting: Jacob%20Hearting.JPG

and

Naisure Tucker: Naisure%20Tucker.JPG

The 2 selected to stay with Axel on the Island.  Secondary main characters here.

There is also a female who plays an Important role.  So if Cassandra or Avon lady want to give voice acting a wack, feel free to PM me.  because Female voice talent is what I'm most afraid of trying to find. (In fear that I never will).

Dimitri Kozlov: Dimitri%20Kozlova.JPG

The Commander of the Red Army.  Smart, Swift, Cunning, and a deadly violent vicious evil S.O.B.

Vadim Nazarov: Vadim%20Nazarov.JPG

This guy will be my favorite character.  He's the badass, everybody loves em, combat expert.  He's focused and spent his entire life with combat, both Military and Ancient combat. Like Samurai, Ju-Jitsu stuff, with swords, hand to hand, heavy weapons, vehicles, pistols, rifles, ETC.

I'm going to have ALOT of fun with this character, and you are going to love him.

You can see him in the trailer, he's walking at us with an Evil smile walking towards us.  I love this character, not to mention he looks like the badass Russian we would expect to see.

Other characters I don't feel like posting.  But these are both the U.S. and Russian characters.

Resistance characters are still under construction.

Vadim Nazarov is voice acted by Marshal Law, the guy from TNT. (still awaiting approval)

Jacob Hearting is voice acted by Tex from USMC squad.  He is a great voice actor and lucky that I found him (and had the balls to come forward with his voice talent)

-----------

MUSIC:

The only script I am using for this movie is music.

All my ideas, came from music.  I think of as many ideas as possible while looking for many different pieces by numerious composers, and I am able to construct a story.

The Trailer, was completely done using music, no writing, no script, nothing.  Music is the only script I need.

You will hear numerous songs, some may be familiar.

From "The last Samurai" by Hans Zimmer, and hopefully some custom exclusive music by Edgen http://www.edgen.com/

he's amazing.

Hope you enjoyed this little post (big rather)

any questions feel free to ask.

Also void false...from the history books I read, there was a big difference between the Soviets and Russians.  Execept for the fact the Soviets were Russians.

for some reason the name "Axel" bugs me, i dont know why but it does, other than that its a very good premise

Quote[/b] ]If you want to rectify this situation, get serious and give us some good guy Russian missions

RETALIATION

Yep and look at the way everyone applauded it.

Encore! wink_o.gif

Lol, the reason for the "Axel" name is because here is a person who grew up alone, without a name.  So he named himself Axel.  It's an actual American name IRL, but not used by many folks.

Also...who could ever forget the name Axel? (Acksl)

It's funny because when Tex was sending me his voice acting demos, he threw in a little extra words..

"Anybody got any questions?"

"Yea, I do....Who names their kid Axel?"

lmao

Quote[/b] ]Also void false...from the history books I read, there was a big difference between the Soviets and Russians. Execept for the fact the Soviets were Russians.

Sure. Russian is nationality. Soviet is in which political party you are. BTW Kozlova is second name for female, not male. In russian languege women and men have little difference in thier second names. You'd better use Kozlov because Kozlova for male sound bit weird (gay?! wow_o.gif )

BTW Kozlova is second name for female, not male. In russian languege women and men have little difference in thier second names. You'd better use Kozlov because Kozlova for male sound bit weird

Ahh thanks for pointing this out smile_o.gif

You are 100% correct...I shall fix this smile_o.gif

I've just watched it and I've found it pretty cool. I like it! smile_o.gif

...and about Kozlova, void_false is right. wink_o.gif

1) Stunning!

2) What's the name of that music track?

3) Exactly what video capture program did you use?

4) How'd you get the cool image-on-image transparency/fading effects?

P.S. Don't you think you went a just teeny, tiny bit over-board with the units? biggrin_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]