Sign in to follow this  
bobrgb

Slowed audio after game starts

Sometimes, not always, during play, after a couple of minutes, the audio goes amazingly and irritatingly draggy. It makes me not want to issue commands since they would come to late. The rest of the game is in realtime and, as I said, it happens in various scenarios from time to time. If I close out OF and restart it will not be evident but exiting a game and starting any other single mission will not clear it.

Any other instances of this? I use an Alienware Area 51 with the ATI Radeon 9600/C-Media AC97 Audio Device config.

1 GB of RAM and using OPFL 1.75, whenever I try to upgrade the processes tell me there are corrupt files and suggest that I reinstall the original game, yuk!

whenever I try to upgrade the processes tell me there are corrupt files and suggest that I reinstall the original game, yuk!

Yuk indeed! What chipset does the AlienWare motherboard use? rock.gif

I've just got a new comp! and now and then i get the same problem my card or chip whatever! is also cmi, but a later one-ie CMI 9780.Driver version-5.12.01.0041.3 (396).Unfortunatly i just checked mr frags link and their is no update! I hope this is not my problem.However it is very rare i get this problem ,and it's always on mission or campaign with custom sound's!!!! By the way i'm patched upto 1-96 .1 gig of ram and aP4 3gig processor,and a radion 9800XT(128mb) And msi mother board

I've just downloaded and tried to play with another campaign with a lot of custom voices,music and other sounds and the game constantly locks up forcing a reeboot!All original bis missions and campaigns work with no probs as do user missions with no custom sounds! Not all missions with custom sounds crash the game! The only way to play the one's that do is to go into DXDiag and slide the slider in the sounds tab to no hardware acceleration. My conclusion is that the fault lies with the custom sounds!

I've just downloaded and tried to play with another campaign with a lot of custom voices,music and other sounds and the   game constantly locks up forcing a reeboot!All original bis missions and campaigns work with no probs as do user missions with no custom sounds! Not all missions with custom sounds crash the game! The only way to play the one's that do is to go into DXDiag and slide the slider in the sounds tab to no hardware acceleration. My conclusion is that the fault lies with the custom sounds!

I would guess soundcard or the motherboard..