Sign in to follow this  
Hotkey

Chopper taxi prob in mp...

Hi together!

I've got a strange Problem with my mission. I'll try to make it short:

I've got two squads with 4 Soldiers each.

Every Squad should get the order to get into a waiting chopper. After each squad has board the assigned choppers they should start, fly to a landing zone and there each squad should get out - the choppers should fly back to base.

So i managed this with the Chopper Load Waypoint synchronized with a "Get In"-Waypoint for the squad leader for every chopper/squad combination (2 squads, 2 choppers).

For the landing equivalent the "Get Out"-Waypoint for the squad and the "transport unload"-waypoint for the chopper - again for every squad/chopper one waypoint-combination.

Additional i placed an invisible H at every landing point of each chopper. (don't know if it's needed but i read that in a tutorial)

So in SP everything is working as it should:

When the mission starts the choppers are starting their engines and waiting for the squad to get in. After that they fly to the Lz, land there and take off again after each squad has dissembarked.

No to MP with 2 Slots (I've made the 2 Squadleaders "Playable")

In MP with one Human Player (rest AI) everything works like in SP as well.

No the Problem:

With 2 Human players (rest AI) the Helicopter for the player which is the server acts like he should. But the chopper for the other player don't waits till the squad is in but takes off immediately after his engines are on full power. (We switched the squad and the "host-role")

So as i intended this mission to be played by 2 human Squad Leaders as a coop mission i would be very happy if someone could help me out with this.

Greets

--- Hotkey

I posted about exactly this kind of problem in a thread bellow. Still couldn't find an answer... could it be a bug in the latest patch? (1.96)

If I remeber right that is an old problem with AI/player transports in multiplayer.

If you play it on a dedicated server you even will have the problem with both helicopters I think.

Try to make a condition that the 'load' waypoints are only finished if the right player entered his chopper.

But the players will have to wait until their squad is loaded before they board the chopper, or the problem will repeat.

Another solution is to just let the two squads start inside the helicopters.

hey

if you want to load up at the start of the mission, try using a 'talk' waypoint with a countdown for 20 seconds for each chopper.

I have NFI what talk really does - but it makes them sit there without starting their choppers for 20 seconds. This is ample time to order your squad in, and get in yourself prior to the chopper taking off. you can obvioulsy change the time to suit squad size etc.

never tried this in MP, but i assume it would work because both helo's just sit there and do nothign for a bit...

hope that helps.

MICK

I tried creating such delay using "get out"/"get in", making the choper pilots leave the choper for a while (with a timer) but still in MP with another player in control they would take off right away. I may have misused the timer, because it was the first time i tried using it... i'll try "talk" later...