Sign in to follow this  
Baphomet

Do player controlled planes see ltd targets?

Basically I've summed my query up in the title.

If I'm in a plane and someone on the ground has an LTD (laser target designator of course). If they paint a target will it show up on my radar?

This would be very useful if it did.

If stock OFP doesn't do this. Do any mods do? Perhaps FDF? (hopes).

I'd love to play an ofp mission in which one or more people are flying doing CAS and you have other people on the ground lighting up targets for them to take out. Say they were pinned by a BRDM behind a building and had no AT weapons.

Can this be done via a script? Anything?

It's so hard to communicate in MP which target you'd want blown up when you're in a plane speeding over the battlefield with a lot going on. I considered smoke, since I made my own high visibilty smoke pack, however that takes up precious inventory spots.

Yes, it is possible.

The Laser Target shows up as an enemy unit on the planes / helicopters radar and can be locked by LGBs or Hellfires.

We do this in MFCTI often, someone's pointing the enemy base and an a10 drops a bunch of bombs.

Quote[/b] ]It's so hard to communicate in MP which target you'd want blown up when you're in a plane speeding over the battlefield with a lot going on.

Most OFP Servers have TS Servers running, too, just ask.

Communication is really the smallest problem of an A10 flying over the battlefield smile_o.gif

That's cool then. I'm going to give it a shot.

Well. I don't really play on the net much. If so usually on a friend's server.

Mostly it's all LAN. However despite the fact that we can talk to one another directly without teamspeak or somesuch. It's still hard for me to determine a target while I am in the air for someone to say

"fire a maverick over at that BMP"

"What bmp? There's five of them I've found out about so far!"

"The one by that building!"

"We're fighting in a city. There's plenty of buildings."

So instead of tossing a maverick or bursting the 30mm gun on an a10 potentially killing a squad of friendlies.

It's just so much more simple to illuminate the target via LTD and lock it up and kill it.

Thanks again for the replies.

Well sure. However what if certain ones are too close to the other guys and have them effectively pinned? You can't just very well go tossing mavericks at it lest you want to kill your teammates. So this way, they can point out which ones are safest as your clipping along at such high speeds.