Sign in to follow this  
Dschulle

Pantool 0.4 (texture browser)

The news was allready on german sites and in one thread here, but it didn't had an english readme at this time.

Sorry that the name PaNTool is quite similar to feersum's paatool (great tool!), but it existed for too long to change it  wink_o.gif

Ok a short description:

PaNTool is designed to be a texture browser in first place. It should help people to "recycle" textures, which are allready in the game. Great examples were shown by the mapfact team (esp. JoergF).

While the program can also convert textures Paa <-> tga, jpg, gif, it doesn't contain the improved texture converter provided by feersum yet. (Might be included in next version).

By building up your own favorites "texture" tree, you can access often used textures fast and can easily copy their name to O2.

Screen:

pantool_th.jpg

-> DL Link <-

Greets, Dschulle

wow another excellent texture tool !

Great job guys !

(mmmmh i hate asking stuff, but does anyone ever thought about doing a paa Photoshop pluggin ?)

(mmmmh i hate asking stuff, but does anyone ever thought about doing a paa Photoshop pluggin ?)

Yes thought about it, but after having a short look into PS-SDK, I dropped it again tounge_o.gif

I wonder that only one guy have posted for this wonderful tool yet wow_o.gif

I love this programm.

Nice work with PaNTool!

Since you're way better with GUI work than I am, I've got a feature suggestion for PaNTool, specifically ability to combine bunch of small textures into larger one _and_ write texture merging script for O2 based on positioning of those textures. I've got .pnm script format documented, basically it is very simple text file which just says what texture can be found what position in larger texture.

Texture merging function is very useful in O2, you can work your model with small textures and when model is finished, you can use "Merge textures" function to remap object to use on single texture file which gives a lot better performance ingame with newer GFX cards.

[..]

What do others think of this idea? How do you think, would a useful GUI approach look like?

I have a drag'n drop interface in mind, which lets you position smaller textures in one big one. Any other idea's?

What do others think of this idea? How do you think, would a useful GUI approach look like?

I have a drag'n drop interface in mind, which lets you position smaller textures in one big one. Any other idea's?

More information (and example model, script + textures) about merge texture function can be found this thread.

is there another link available for downloading pantool? I cant find any and the ones listed above are all dead. Could someone make a temporary link so I can get this wonderful tool?