Sign in to follow this  
Jeatalong

Newbie question

After waiting a week to get approval to post here about the problem I was having with my install, i managed to get it fixed with the help of some usenet people.

You may have guess this is my first post here, say as such I am brimming with questions to ask.

So on to the next things:

Is the  "Super Config" project compatable with the single player GOTY game?

I downloaded the big 250megish file, is there anything else that is needed.

Also are there any Australian servers floating about, and do I need to download anything extra to join them. The entire heap of addon and the like make it very confusing for a newb in this regard.

first : welcome to the forums Jeatalong.

I dont know the answer to your first question but I remember running into some well filled up ausi servers while looking for a game in the ingame browser.

I had a 400+ ping so couldnt play but I guess they are suited for you to spend some time.

It depends on the server if you need extra addons, most of the tome you can see in the browser what mod is loaded.

cu on the battlefield !

The main Aussie server is the Oceanic Gaming Network and it requires 200-300megs of addons. The auto downloader can be obtained from http://wolf.ogn.com.au .

Try and make sure you use mod folders for all the different mods so you don't end up with one monster directory as the Super Config will likely clash with the OGN addons. Add -mod modfolderyouareusing to your shortcut. I am about to return to the Australasian scene as soon as I can fund a broadband connection.

Lt. Damage runs the show at OGN.