has any one seen it?

i think they released it as a mission

thanks man

i tried it out but its not the one i was looking for

thanks for the help anyways

the mission is supposed to be just the briefing on enemy actvities

friendlies in the area etc

it was in ofpec somewhere but couldnt find it

What you want my friend is a copy of the US army field manual. Search Google for it. There are loads of different manuals you can get hold of, even a ranger manual.

the wgl coop mission "breakthrough" by Jinef? available in wgl thread also has one of the best briefings around.

The US Army uses two different types of written briefing formats for issuing orders.  The first is the Warning Order, or WARNO.  Its short enough to give leaders enough information to make a tentative plan before the real order, the Operations Order, or OPORD comes thru.

The both the WARNO and theOPORD has 5 paragraphs: Situation, Mission, Execution, Command and Signal, and Service and Support.  Below is an WARNO for an exercise my platoon and I conducted earlier:

-----

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

WARNING ORDER

References:

Time Zone Used throughout the Order:

Task Organization:

1. SITUATION

The Tenino Paramilitary Force (TPF) has conducted several attacks in recent weeks.  In the past 48 hours 6 x 107mm rockets hit Olympia Municipal Airport (FARP Normandy).  In the past 24 hours a convoy from 1-14 IN was hit by small arms fire vic of EH 093005.  SIGINT has identified the TLF cell that is responsible for both attacks and has them located on or near Hill 109 vic EH 105014 (OBJ Lion).  We can expect the cell to remain at OBJ Lion for the next 5-7 days refitting and awaiting a re-supply of RPG rounds and 107mm rockets.  

a. Enemy forces.  Currently there are estimated to be 8-10 TPF fighters located on OBJ Lion with an estimated 6-8 x AK-47s, 1-2 x RPG-7s, and 1-2 x PKM Light Machine Guns.  They can be expected to defend OBJ Lion until they are attritted by 50% or feel that their fight is lost.  

b. Friendly forces.  A/1-505 PIR will conduct search and attack operations in AO Panther IOT destroy the offensive capability of the TPF.

(1) Attachments and Detachments:  Effective now.  Attach 1 x Dog Team and Interpreter to 1st Squad.

(2) Higher commander’s mission.  A/1-505 PIR will conduct search and attack operations in AO Panther IOT destroy the offensive capability of the TPF.

(3) Higher commander intent.  

a. Destroy all TPF personnel in AO Dodgers-South.  

b. Recover all usable PIR in AO Dodgers-South

2. MISSION

1/A/1-505 PIR will conduct an attack at 011800Z March 04 on OBJ Lion vic EH 10400145 IOT destroy the occupying TLP element and prevent further attacks on friendly units (FARP Normandy).

3. EXECUTION

a. Concept of the Operation: 1st PLT will board 2 x CH47E’s at FARP Normandy and conduct an air assault at 011750Z March 04 onto HLZ Eagle vic EH 10050070 followed by an approach march to Attack Position Alpha and OBJ Lion.  At Atk Pos Alpha the weapons squad will set up and begin suppressing OBJ Lion IOT allow 1st and 2nd Squads to deploy and begin an assault on OBJ Lion.  Once 1st and 2nd Squad reach the LOA we will consolidate, reorganize and prep for a counter attack.

b. Tasks to maneuver units: 1st Squad is the main effort.  1st Squad is tasked with destroying the TLP on OBJ Lion to prevent it from conducting further attacks on friendly units.

a. Special Teams: 1st Squad will have 1 x Aid and Litter Team.  1st Squad will have 1 x demo team.

c. Coordinating instructions.

(1) Uniform and Equipment: Platoon SOP.  Assault Packs with 72 hour packing list.

(2) Time Line: See PSG for hard copy

(3) CCIR

a. Weapons that are un-serviceable

b. Soldiers that cannot perform missions tasks due to medical injury

c. Night vision equipment that is not serviceable

(4) Risk Guidance: None

(5) Deception Guidance: None

(6) Specific Priorities:

a. Weapons maintenance and test fire

b. NVG PMCS

(7) Orders and Rehearsals:

a. 1st Squad will prepare the sand table

b. Rifle Squads will rehearse Battle Drill 1A and 2

(8) Orders Group: All Squad Leaders, PSG, RTO and Medic will meet with the PL in the PL’s hooch at 300800Z Feb 04.

(9) Earliest movement time will be 011500Z March 04 for PZ posture.

4. SERVICE SUPPORT

(1) Special Equipment.  1st squad will draw demolition equipment necessary to destroy the TLP on OBJ Lion.

(2) Transportation.  1st squad will coordinate for 3 x 5 ton trucks to move the PLT from tent area to PZ

5. COMMAND & SIGNAL

a. Current CoC remains in effect

Try downloading the most realistic mission, by General Barron. That has a pretty good breifing. I'll see if I can find a link.

EDIT

Mission by General Barron

Lol... thanks for the compliment, but that briefing was purposely left short and un-realistic. There was already so much other stuff to read in the notes section, so I didn't want to fill up another 5 pages with other notes. However, if you try my other mission, Platoon Commander. That mission has a full, realistic SMEAC briefing. There is more information than you ever needed to know, like how much food your guys are going to carry tounge_o.gif. SMEAC is the format that the USMC uses for briefings: Situation, Mission, Execution, Administration & logistics, Command and signal. It basically contains the same info as in the Army orders, as given by TA-50.