Sign in to follow this  
darkpeace

Http://www.x20.org (for example)

Anyone else think the Russians should have the classic white thermal vision, as the actualy did historically, vs the 'American' NV goggles ?

See http://www.x20.org for pics

They also have pics of the newer colour spectrum based thermals, so you can 'see' what temp something is.

The thing being is that no one has "Officly" said that we be fighting the Russians in Flashpoint 2. wink_o.gif

Thermal goggles in OFP2.........

mMmMmMmMmMmmm sounds tasty

You did goto http://www.x20.org and read up on the history of the SpetzNats and the night / optical equipment they historically used before posting that thermals don't exist didn't you ?

(The Soviets had the upper hand in night battles for quite some time, esp since they had white thermals for tank drivers, and not the early distorted green light amplification that the Americans had during the same period)

[Once you update your reply feel free to remove this post, just not the topic itself - cheers smile_o.gif]

How about instead of letting me stumble about in that poorly designed website, you just give me a link?

Hellfish6 just doesnt want to consider that he has been wrong tounge_o.gif

I'm still not seeing any reference to Soviet thermals.. that link you gave me did provide a site that mentioned that the T-80 tanks do not have thermals, but that's it. rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I don't think thermal goggles exist.

There was some video on this forum with a OH-58 watching a couple in a car with thermal vision. That was only black and white, not colours. Havent seen thermal goggles though, just thermal on police and military helicopters.