Sign in to follow this  
void_false

Sound addon, who made it?

I've discussed this "full-auto" sound issue in the OFP2 forums. Stating that I think they should implement some way to rectify it.

While your way via aid of a script is creative. I personally wonder about the toll it might take on cpu usage.

OFP2 supports script so that my fullauto sound technique will be available both in OFP and OFP2. But I hope OFP2 should support "realistic" fullauto sound with hard coded. Because "realistic" fullauto sound with the aid of script consumes more resources than hard coded.

I am not sure how much does it consume PC resources, but my 1GHz machine gets severe if many units equiped with my "realistic" fullauto sound start shooting at the same time. This is because everytime you shoot, an invisible fragment is produced upon the unit and it is forced to "say" firing sound.

Anyway I will soon exhibit the format of my "realistic" fullauto sound system so that you can implement it against your addons easily

Quote[/b] ]I am not sure how much does it consume PC resources, but my 1GHz machine gets severe if many units equiped with my "realistic" fullauto sound start shooting at the same time. This is because everytime you shoot, an invisible fragment is produced upon the unit and it is forced to "say" firing sound.

Yeah... see. For me that wouldn't be a feasible tradeoff.

Even with a fast PC. Not having totally realistic fullauto sounds is not as important as maintaining as much performance as possible with as many possible units in the game.

I'll wait for OFP 2. *crosses fingers*

Over flashpoint.ru forum some guy Empath posted lonk to  sound addon by BIS that wasn't published!!!

grab it here

http://intrain.compositiv.com/download/ofpe/soundbis.pbo

You get new sounds for pistols, few new sounds for vehicles, wound sounds, flying rocket sounds, new engine sounds. OMG there too much to list. Grab it now!

They are much more realistic that current ones.  smile_o.gif

link dead suggestions?

Laitex, just wanted to thank you for this great masterpiece.

Your sounds are a lot better than the original sounds and made me enjoy OFP again. So, thanks a lot and I hope you will do the same for OFP II. smile_o.gif