Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Opf user mission creating competition...

One more thing about non-released addons.

If you release your addon short before submitting your mission, then there is most probably no chance that anyone else will use your addon for his submission.

So, the judges know who made this addon, and most probably they then know who made the mission. Thus the rule about the missions being anonymous is broken indirectly.

What do others think?

@ Medicus

Quote[/b] ]Thought about that, but with this, i'll still have the problem, that i'm not allowed to use the music i want to. So there is no need for the "AMORE method"

Actually, I participated in this and one of my bands songs is available using AMORE. I hereby give you permission to utilize that song if it works for you. (I can email you permission as well)

I also recommend checking out Tim Pinks Band's music. biggrin_o.gif It's very good!

@ placebo

Thank you and the IT guy! smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Asmo

Hello!

First of all I apologize if this might sound a bit naive, but a couple of pages back i saw a post which stated that mission contestants have to get permission for the scripts they use from the owners.

Don't scripts have the same legal status as addons? ie. free, submitted to public for use/scrutiny, in many it even says modify but give credit, etc...

This would be just like e-mailing RHS or BAS or DKM saying can I use your addons?!

Don't get me wrong, have no problem asking for permission, but what if the writer of a crucial script fails to answer for example or even denies the use-the hypocrite(being that as he/she published the script for everyone and now out of the blue he/she doesn't allow the public to use it anymore).

This has been bugging me like for the past 2 days and replies would be appreciated.

Bye

I answered the question about scripts and pasted the same answer the next time a person asked here smile_o.gif It's not a legally definitive answer I know, however as far as I'm aware if someone in the community has released a script in public then you can use it.

There are a couple of questions that have cropped up over the last two days, plus I need to put the rules into the bistudio format, I'll do that today and write a brief press release for distribution.

I've updated the rules to include comments/questions of the last couple of days, as this thread was primarily about designing the comp I will close it and open a new thread specifically about the actually competition proper smile_o.gif

New thread.