Sign in to follow this  
flaber

Problem with gunner position

I'm working on this humvees and I have a problem with the gunner position, I have changed in O2 the gunner proxy position (View-Cargo), I put the gunner proxy as it was in main LOD 0.000 and in the oposite way, and is always watching the same dirección (opposite to the machine gun).

How is seen from the cargo positions:

cargo.jpg

How is seen from outside the vehicle:

outside.jpg

Class Code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class GCDHMMWVopenMG: jeepMG

{

vehicleClass="Car (Desert)";

displayName= "(D)HMMWV (open M249)";

model="\des_west\deshummwv_openMG.p3d";

camouflage=5;

crew="SoldierWB";

picture="\des_west\ihmmwv.paa";

armor = 150;

maxspeed=110;

side = 1;

type=VArmor

cost=100000;

transportSoldier = 5;

cargoAction[]={"ManActCargo","ManActCargo","ManActCargo","ManActJeepCodriverMTP","ManActJeepCodriverMTP"};

getInRadius = 3.5;

weapons[]={"GCM249"};

magazines[]={"GCM249","GCM249","GCM249","GCM249"};

dammageHalf[]=

{

jeep4x4_glass.paa,jeep4x4_glassB.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo1.paa,jeep_kab_sklo1B.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo2.paa,jeep_kab_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo.paa,scud_skloB.paa,

scud_sklo2.paa,scud_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo3.paa,scud_sklo3B.paa,

scud_sklo4.paa,scud_sklo4B.paa

};

dammageFull[]=

{

jeep4x4_glass.paa,jeep4x4_glassB.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo1.paa,jeep_kab_sklo1B.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo2.paa,jeep_kab_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo.paa,scud_skloB.paa,

scud_sklo2.paa,scud_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo3.paa,scud_sklo3B.paa,

scud_sklo4.paa,scud_sklo4B.paa

};

armorGlass=0.6;

armorWheels=0.2;

soundEngine[]={\humr\HMMWVengine,db-25,1.25};

typicalCargo[]={Soldier, Soldier, SoldierLAW, Officer};

class TurretBase

{

gunAxis = "OsaHlavne";

turretAxis = "OsaVeze";

soundServo[]={"",1.0};

gunBeg = "usti hlavne";

gunEnd = "konec hlavne";

minElev=-10;

maxElev=+20;

minTurn=-30;

maxTurn=+30;

body = "OtocVez";

gun = "OtocHlaven";

};

gunnerAction = "ManActHRLGunner";

ejectDeadGunner=false;

hasCommander=0;

};

Any Idea ż?

this may not work but, why dont you in the view-cargo lod turn the gunner 180 degrees

I start with view-gunner LOD as you say Bratty, and thats the problem. First time I put the proxy gunner (same position as the rest of LOD, copy & paste from LOD 0.000) The gunner was watching the opposite, instead of the gun, and I turned him 180ş (and problems with cargo-view started). Now, If I turn the gunner into his original orientation (same as other LOD) cargo view is fixed but...-> I have notice that I can't see his hands, because I'm watching like if I have a pair of eyes in the back of my head  crazy_o.gif    ż?żˇˇˇWHY!!!!?ż

Sorry about my bad english  sad_o.gif

OK if you do have view-gunner lod you can add this to cfgvehicles and adjust to what you need:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class ViewGunner

{

initAngleX=-0; minAngleX=-30; maxAngleX=+270;

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=-90; maxAngleY=+90;

initFov=0.7; minFov=0.42; maxFov=0.85;

};

THANK YOU VERY MUCH  BraTTy

Thats the final config to the gunner view.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class ViewGunner

{

initAngleY=+180; minAngleY=+180; maxAngleY=+180;

};

THANK YOU AGAIN... I LOVE THIS FORUM AND LOT OF PEOPLE IS HERE smile_o.gif

I'm happy smile_o.gif

Back Again, near the same problem, but with gunner optics, the view that you have when you press the 'V' key.

They are turned 180ÅŸ also, It' there any way to disable this optics (or gun view), or turn them 180ÅŸ

Thanks in advance

The view that you get when you press "V" is the "gunnerview" vertex in memory LOD.

The point needs to be grouped with the naming for the turret axis.Otherwise that view won't rotate with the turret either

gunAxis = "OsaHlavne";

turretAxis = "OsaVeze";

You also need to group the selection in the normal resolution lod views if you want the proxy to rotate with the turret axis when you look at the addon from outside views

and have the axis vertex's there,sounds possibly one of your axis may be inverted (backwards)

You can also get fancy,show only rotation animation or just the up and down movement of the turret,and still have inside full movement animation and vice-versa (only outside view animation)

Back Again, near the same problem, but with gunner optics, the view that you have when you press the 'V' key.

They are turned 180ÅŸ also, It' there any way to disable this optics (or gun view), or turn them 180ÅŸ

To answer this question directly a different way.

I am pretty sure deleting the gunnerview vertex in memory lod...you shouldn't have a gunsight view

also can chage that view (reverse it) using the code i pasted before as an example

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class ViewGunner

{

initAngleY=0; minAngleY=+180; maxAngleY=+180;

};

LOL I had it reversed in the original post I think

Thanks for your help Bratty, but the problem seems to be .... impossible to be resolved by me.

I've made a composition with the diferent views of the gunner and one from the O2 model. I've used your code, that help me solve some problems, but the one with the 'v' key....... well,  mad_o.gif  seems to be out of my hands.

As you can see in the picture, the proxy gunner has to be turned 180ÅŸ to be right in the game (maybe because the anim comes from a rusian gunner boat) but don't know exactly why.

I've insert , and remove the gunnerview vertex in the memory LOD, and nothing change. (I'm pretty sure that there is something that I not doing right but I've tried lot of posibilities and combinations with the info you give me.)

Finally, I've write to DeadMeat, and he let me use a similar anim (one which I don't have to insert the proxy 180ÅŸ turned in the O2 model) and seems to don't have this kind of problems. Anyway, I'm very grateful to you because you have tried to help me.

BIG THANKS

gunnerviewproblem.jpg

Flaber -

This probably isn't it, but check to make sure that the vertex

named gunnerview in the MemLOD has 'standard' properties. I

had a huge problem with a vertex in MemLOD, and it turned

out it was set to 'shining', which meant it wasn't recognised.

This _may_ be related to the fact (IIRC) that gunner optics

don't work on car class vehicles.

And the type of proxy that you use is important...that it be a gunner proxy

its proxy:gunner.01

The vertex gunnerview was not in the memory LOD. so inserted with standard properties and nothing happens... . but .. hey guys .. lot of thanks, don't worry.

Flaber -

Just checking: Make sure that the new viewgunner vertex

point is in the otoc vez and otoc hlavne selections in MemLOD

as well.

It was done. But don't worry, I 'm going to change the anim to one that works better, and don't have this problems

Thanks for your interest, I will apply those things to the new anim.

Hey Flaber.

The issue is you are using the gunner animation for a boat which is rear facing. Also, the proxy in the model is backwards. That is why the optics face the wrong way. If you rotate it 180 degrees, it will be fixed. Also you will have to do a new animation for the gunner to be facing the right way as long as you use the gunner proxy.

Anim is changed, and now works perfectly, thanks to all you for your help.