Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Night raiders - the return of guba

Greets all,

my latest mission is now available for download.

Mission Description:

Take to the skies in your A-10 and foil General Gubas latest world domination scheme

Add-ons Required

Colored Lights by psunder (included in zip)

Grab the mission from the OFP Pub:

Night Raiders - The Return of Guba

This is a 100% reworked version of one of my first missions called "Return of Guba" i hope you enjoy it  biggrin_o.gif

I do ask that you not reveal anything about the intro and outro, thanks

picserver.jpeg

picserver.jpeg

Looks nice. Hope it as good as the other mission's. smile_o.gif

Downloading now. smile_o.gif

For those of you who haven't tried this yet: do!  The intro is an excellent cutscene, but the real treat is the effects in the mission.  From the start, it feels like you are in a movie.  The music, the atmosphere, it all seems cut from Hollywood.  The gameplay is excellent, too, a great mix of fun and challenge.  To be honest, I haven't even beaten it, but then I'm using a mouse, and I ought to be barred from flying  wink_o.gif

@MSMS_KDXer- agree with u on that man. Love the atmosphere and the takeoff. *Kiss's Winters*

Havnt seen the Outro. Havnt got that far. Got to the convoy and wasting alot of ammo detroying the last scud and returing to base and crash sad_o.gif

Great job

biggrin_o.gif

Is it just me or does Guba's voice sound a little different? wink_o.gif

Is this a replacement for The Return of Guba, or a compliment?

Derek

I was not happy with the mission part of the original "Return of Guba" (it was one of my first) so i did this new one, which i like much better. I have plans on making a sequel and using the second intro from the original mission as soon as i can get some more sound files for it.

Hi Winters:

I just got done playing some of your new mission and would like to give you some suggestions.  smile_o.gif

To be honest, I haven't got very far, but some things I feel need pointed out.

Intro: Why do you have the music so loud during the intro that it drowns out the voices? I couldn't understand anything that was said during the second part of the intro. Consider lowering the volume on the music.

Mission: Nice, but why don't the A-10s start on the runway? Those things are hard enough to steer.  tounge_o.gif

Also, it would be nice to see the radio chatter you have included written out in sidechat or vehiclechat at the bottom of the screen.

Finally, maybe you should up the ammo(or the time of the op) for the players plane. 8 mavericks and mg rounds can hardly defeat a convoy in the dark...plus, your ai does not give you much help.  crazy_o.gif

Just some suggestions for you to ponder...  

Kueter

Hi Winters:

I just got done playing some of your new mission and would like to give you some suggestions.  smile_o.gif

To be honest, I haven't got very far, but some things I feel need pointed out.

Intro: Why do you have the music so loud during the intro that it drowns out the voices? I couldn't understand anything that was said during the second part of the intro. Consider lowering the volume on the music.

Mission: Nice, but why don't the A-10s start on the runway? Those things are hard enough to steer.  tounge_o.gif

Also, it would be nice to see the radio chatter you have included written out in sidechat or vehiclechat at the bottom of the screen.

Finally, maybe you should up the ammo(or the time of the op) for the players plane. 8 mavericks and mg rounds can hardly defeat a convoy in the dark...plus, your ai does not give you much help.  crazy_o.gif

Just some suggestions for you to ponder...  

Kueter

Hello,

The music is not very loud at all and you can easily adjust this in your OFP options.

Everyone put planes on the runway and i think it's cheap besides, you will be a better pilot this way and i make no excuses for the difficulty level of any of my missions, it's just me wink_o.gif

I thought about titletext but i like it the way it is now, it gives more of a cinematic feel to it.

the A-10 can only carry 8 mavericks at a time (you can always RTB for rearm, refuel & repair), and the AI is very helpful if you play it right, i suspect you took off and headed to the first objective right away without regrouping and found yourself alone, if you want some hints how to play the level PM me and i will give you some smile_o.gif

Finally, im glad you took the time to post and good hunting unclesam.gif