Sign in to follow this  
AKK

Createunit identities/names?

Ok. For starters yes I did a search and found nothing to help me. I am a major (or private ;) ) newbie and so far only understand enough of scripting to manipulate others scripts (sort of as you can see).

my question is this. I am creating multiple units in a scenario. I only want them to last for so long and then disapear thus keeping game lag to just that scenario. I have accomplished this with the "deletevehicle" command in waypoints, but only when I have all units on the field and have named them indavidualy.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; This script creates a NVA patrol (taken from TJ's Medivac)

_obj = _this select 0

#start

"SEBNAM_vcrecon" createUnit [_obj,_obj,"",0.1,"PRIVATE"]

exit;

Ok this works great as is but as you can see none of the units have names. Now when I change it to this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"SEBNAM_vcrecon" createUnit [_obj,_obj,"w11 = this",0.1,"PRIVATE"]

I get an error in the game saying that 0 elements provided expected 3. It says this for all the units in the script that I have named. rock.gif??

Please help. Please help. please help.

thanks

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"SEBNAM_vcrecon" createUnit [_obj,_obj,"w11 = this",0.1,"PRIVATE"]

Assuming that _obj is both position and group (how this is possible is beyond me)

Anyway.

you need to rewrite it

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">tmpSoldier[] //or how you declare an array

"SEBNAM_vcrecon" createUnit [_obj,_obj,"tmpSoldier = this",0.1,"PRIVATE"]

w11 = tmpSoldier

w12 = tmpSoldier

OFPEC seems to be down so I can't find the script done by Doolittle, so this might not work either, perhaps someone else can fill me in here?

I don't think I can help withactive constructive info, but maybe by passive related: I'm having related problems, I can't seem to setface on created units. I think both our problems are syntax, and as Taurus mentions, position and group = same is odd.

I'm trying to setface, and this is what I have:

"uce_r_kuffiyasoldier" createunit [getpos enforce, def, "joe=this; this setface {face23}"]; deletevehicle dud

This creates a unit, groups him to a sldier hiding in a corner of the map, and then deleets that soldier. I think AKK might just have a syntax problem (I can't set a face, this code seems ignored).

Wish I could help.

The_Taurus

Quote[/b] ]Anyway.

you need to rewrite it 

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">tmpSoldier[] //or how you declare an array

w11 = tmpSoldier

w12 = tmpSoldier

Tried it and it still gave me the same error "0 provided, expected 3" sad_o.gif

I imagine that this will end up being referenced in the init file but as of right now doodly. thanks anyway.

WTS ownz j00

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldi1 = []

"SoldierWLAW" createUnit [_rspwn1, _group1,"soldi1=this", 0.5, "CORPORAL"]

w11=soldi1

This works, you need to have an respawn position and a group, it can not be the same.

biggrin_o.gif Boy I really am a freekin noob. Why the previouse script works as is and not with names I don't know?? But I got it to work as such

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">; This script creates a NVA patrol

#start

"SEBNAM_nvsoldier" createUnit [getpos gamelogic1,"nvasquad1",0.1,"PRIVATE"]

"SEBNAM_nvMG" createUnit [getpos gamelogic1,"nvasquad1,"",0.1,"PRIVATE"]

exit

Thanks a bunch Taurus I havent tried what you last posted but I pasted it in my unit reference scripts all the same.

I figure that after screwing up enough good scripts and having to fix them I might have a handle on this stuff. I wish I realy understood scripting.I am just too hands on or "kenetic".I guess thats why I am a carpenter tounge_o.gif

Hey no problem smile_o.gif

But, as far as the reference manual go the first of your two createUnits shouldn't work crazy_o.gif

e.g.<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"SEBNAM_nvsoldier" createUnit [getpos gamelogic1,"nvasquad1",0.1,"PRIVATE"]

type createUnit unitInfo

Operand types:

type: String

unitInfo: Array

Compatibility:

Version 1.34 required.

Type of returned value:

Nothing

Description:

Create unit of given type . Format of unitInfo is: [pos (Position),group (Group), init (String), skill (Number), rank (String)] Note: init, skill, and rank are optional, default values are "", 0.5, "PRIVATE".

Example:

"SoldierWB" createUnit [getMarkerPos "barracks", groupAlpha]