Sign in to follow this  
DaSquade

Patriot cfg help

Hi, i recently started helping out Daan with his (old) Patriot addon. Must say i'm a beginner when it comes to cfg's, but though this would bee a good leason to learn more about cfg.

I used Col. Klincks tut. (thks Klinck) and with some help of other addons info, got it working ingame. BUT i notice that in my cfg i based the vehicle class on "class AAgun" (though it was official class, but turned out to be a class name cfged in an other addon). I tried to change the vehicle class, but no luck so far. I tried different class names (M133, APC, ZSU,..ext) but still no luck and this error: no entry 'config.bin\CfgVehicles.AAPatriot'.

config.cpp

A bit experimental for me, but worked for a moment  sad_o.gif .

Have you changed it? The config looks ok that I can see,just that your trying to make a rotating missile turret?

From what I see cfgnonaivehicles section will also be needed and that may be giving your error

Thanks for trying to help Bratty  wink_o.gif We got it working (still based on AAgun/Tank). Don't know what you are saying about the "cfgnonaivehicles section". I don't use ProxyWeapons or something else (didn't had the luck to find info about that...i understand the cfg, but don't know how the O2 setup is...a named point (in memory Lod) cold "ProxyXXX"...? Didn't test jet). Don't know if that's the way (through proxys) to make multiplier missile points (start-end)....but i think it is possible to make a simular effect by editing the "class ReloadAnimations". It also doesn't need hidden selections.

No errors so far, AI attacks enemy ..... wink_o.gif  

Only bug so far: i don't know how to adjust the light on the "TANK". Suppose that's normal....and the only thing that is possible is to disable it. Also the PAC doesn't have SFX (smoke..ext) jet.

Anyway, Daan and me are just testing for the moment  wink_o.gif . Recently made a new model (+-3000 faces)... Work in progress

crazy_o.gif  Don't mind the PAC3 missiles. Somehow there should fit 4 in one tube  rock.gif

edit: just fixed the getin bug  smile_o.gif

DaSquade -

Correct, you _don't_ need CfgNonAIVehicles if you're not

using proxy weapons.

Mixing proxy weapons and Klink's pseudo-proxies on the same

addon is _very_ difficult. The proxies seem to cause the

hiddenselections and setobjecttexture numbering to go

wrong.

IIRC The light (l svetlo) on a tank _won't_ turn with the

turret, even if it's included in the otocvez selection in

MemLOD.

Thanks Footmuch for the info....(just found out how the proxys work...well i guess  smile_o.gif

About the light: thanks for the info, but couldn't adjust the light so far (made a mem. point cold "l svetlo")....and tested some cfg, but no luck to reposition the light or to disable it.

Are you going to make it a system like the DKM Tunguska sharing targeting information with it's group only having the radar working as an active enemy vehicle?

That would really be great, so that the effectiveness of it goes WAY down or you can disable the launcher vehicles completely when the radar/command vehicle gets destroyed.

I have an old model that i made last summer, never did get it working properly.

PAC.JPG

make a script that will identify friendly planes as incoming scuds for friendly fire tounge_o.gif