Sign in to follow this  
ONE11

Lost brothers mod?!?

... Any news on it, anyone. Or have they scrapped it? And is it true that OFP1 addons are compatible with OFP2?

And as for your second question. No one (except BIS) really knows. Afaik they actually mentioned that they would release some kind of a "ofp to ofp2" converter for addons.

Thanks Speedy Donkey.

Yeah, the Lost Brothers Mod is still alive and well. As Speedy Donkey said, I just released a mission recently...oh...however I need to update it to get rid of the damn "groups" thing that keeps popping up in the mission.sqm addon list. I'm still not sure what's causing that, but hopefully I'll figure it out.

I'm working on some airborne missions with a internal beta of an IDF C130. But it's nothing fancy...just a desert colored version of Adammo's C130 with the IAF insignia on it and swapped engine sounds (using Hawk's C130 engine sounds which are pretty good and which I of coarse credit him for cuz it's a bitch getting the sound to loop properly).

Anyhoo.... hopefully soon we'll be releasing more updates, but real life its kicking our team's ass as I'm trying to finish my Master's Thesis, hold down a job, and do stuff for 4 different student groups at my university so I'm pretty busy. Ditto for Vipersheart and Uzi. Mooncaine... I still need to get in contact with. He was reworking our Merkava but if he's stuck on it, we'll just release a beta of what we have so far which isn't too shabby. I also have a Centurion that I'm getting help on in order to give it a few unique features.

Other then that there's just a Egyptian Mig-21 I'm pretty much finished with. Right now we're getting help from other addon makers in other addon makers and mod teams (Footmunch, Capt. Moore, Jackal326, Remo, the CSLA Mod team, and a few others) but we still need more addon makers and texture artists to speed things up.

But hopefully we'll have some more releases soon. The really big one next will be the Egyptian pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the mission, gotta try that one right now! So basically even you (the makers) don´t know the exact time of release so guess I´ll just have to be patient. Also Sinai v2 was great and I read you´re making v3 of it, so what will be the new features on that version? And for the last question what IDF special forces are you gonna make, Sayeret Matkal and/or...?

Yeah we do have a Sanai ver.3 but it's unpopulated....just terrain and ground textures.

However Panzerfaust was working on a Israel map but I have no idea what the status is on that as he tends to work very independently of the mod team. But he's the one who made our Sanai map which he did a wonderful job on.

As for IDF Special Ops, yes we have one of the Sayeret units done (I forget which). They look fantastic. They'll probably be released in the next IDF infantry release with our full LoBo weapons pack.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

you guys seriously need a website where you can have all this info there.

Pics, info , news...the whole thing.

smile_o.gif

We do have a website. It is here:

http://www.idfsquad.com/downloads/vip/

Uziyahu is running that site and it has most of the links to our current stuff.

I need to see about releasing the IAF C130 shortly just to give people an alternative to Vit's IAF C130 which is based on Hawk's model and thus inherits all its problems as far as maneuverability goes.

The one I was working on is just a basic modification of Adammo's C130ver2. But it flies much better and overall looks good. But no fancy flare scripts yet or anything else until I either figure out how to implement that stuff or I get some help on it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I thought I'd share a few pics of the upcoming Lost Brothers IAF C130.   Unlike most out now, it's not based on Hawk's C130, but rather on Adammo's C130v2 (with his permission) with just a slightly modified texture and a few modifications to the model and sound.  Anyhoo... here's some pics:

LoBoC1307.jpg

LoBoC1304.jpg

LoBoC1302.jpg

LoBoC1306.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The Lost Brothers Mod Team