Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

UAZ 3741

I'm trying to use the UAZ 3741 van addon in a mission I'm making, but I am getting frequent CTD (crash to desktop) problems in the editor...anyone else know of this, or know a workaround? (I couldn't find the original thread to check there). Thanks.

(This is the addon I'm talking about: http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5604 )

Yes I experienced something like that too. But I thought it was because of FDF mod which I was using with it. No idea why it happens though. I crashed when I let some satchells explode. Not always though.

Hmm...well, if it keeps happening, and no one knows a way to stop it, I guess I'll have to use a Ural instead... sad_o.gif

well mine doesn't always cause CTD's. sometimes it does when many things happen at once. although I never related the crashes to the vehicle so far. But now I saw what Major Fubar wrote and it came to my mind that I was using this vehicle too in the mission that caused CTD's

I would guess that it might be a problem with an invalid crew as to why you get a CTD, unless you computer is being maxed out with memory/graphics? Try using the 'moveindriver' and 'moveincargo' commands in the init line. I apologise if i'm preaching to the converted!

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Actually, I am using the moveincargo command already.

Funny thing is, today it never CTD at all. Weird.

I suspect it may be a faulty LOD, since it only seems to happen when the van is blown up...

It's a shame really, it's such a cool little addon...

Never had it sounds like the same problem had with the Woodland Humvee pack, that whould nuke OFP when you blew them up its a config issue mostlikely the same bug, check the latest Woodland HUMVEE thread Faber mentiones the fix there might beable to apply it to that on if the addon isn't bin'ed