Sign in to follow this  
INVISO

Ontos m50a1

I've already been contacted by a lot of MOD team. But for now, I prefer to see the "impact" of my addon and after that, I will see.

And since, my Ontos is a Vietnam era's armor... I will stick with Vietnam mod team. I think that the 60's has a lot to offer in terms of interesting models, music... etc.

Well, a updated model. Added the spotting rifles, driver's periscope, inner barrels textures and a few others fixes.

http://www.prelogik.com/fr/medias/m50a1ontos2b.jpg

I still need to find a way to change the gunner sight with the new texture a made. (Based on the real Ontos gunner sight)

As far as I know, there is no official camo for the Ontos. I based my textures on actual pictures from now and then.

But I will surely release the classical OD, Woodland, Winter and Desert version.

Stay tune!

Well back durring this time most of the vehicles were OD green the few still intact models of thie vehicles thats Ive gotten to mess with were green also, Cammo on vehicles really didn't see heavy use till the mid to late 70s. There was even a short time the BUS was OD green before getting the woodland partern.

I made some correction... less blue and more red/yellow. Now it look like real OD.

First of all, before modeling, you have to go through some research... finding pictures, texts, sounds... Then after, you go for some test on the 3D model.

When ressources (like pictures references) are in bad shape (low res, hard angles...) you have to improvise with skill. That's all.

Then after a few tests on the field, you make some corrections and... Voila!

Users feedback and historical accuracy is imperative for a succesfull design.

I when through a lots of difficulties with this model because, first, the lack of ressources and, even if the model look simple, there is a lots of strange angle (Upper hull corner, uneven fender and the turret rig)

I think this is the first workin' 3D model of a M50 "Ontos" ever put on a game. Anyway, it's a lot of fun to put some challenge on the board. hehe.

I'm workin' on a small mission, must I say, a "test drive" mission for that beast since i'm also upgrading my "cutscene" skill. Hope to release something later this evening. I need some feedback on my work.