Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Pla units

PLA addon - version 3 beta 2 !!! 22. 2. 2004, 23:00:04

fighter

Guys from the site Chinese site OFP SAMREN work hard on their new version of PLA addon (Chinese Army). Do you remember certainly oh their very nice addon PLA ver. 2.0 (very nice uniforms' camo). You will find in this (relatively) small pack:

- Chinese Army soldiers (very nice camo again)

- Chinese Army vehicles (trucks with Chinese star, Chinese Hummer)

- Chinese Army weapons

- Chinese tanks

- Chinese chopper Mi-17

This pack is in beta stage so far. I am looking forward for next Chinese soldiers (for troopers especially). Look on screenshots and D/L from OFP SAMREN site or from our site below :-)

PLA3_01_s.jpg

PLA3_02_s.jpg

download at

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Very nice indeed! They should however scale that BMP to its right size and add chinese faces to soldiers.

What happened to all their old troops?rock.gif They had a marvelous demo pack before with all kinds of custom troops, weapons, and vehicles along with some great islands. The Taiwanese troops especially were very good. Their SF HALO jumpers were the best I've seen so far. Sadly nobody ever developed them into realistic HALO jumpers with custom animations and a nice parachute system. sad_o.gif

So I hope they have not started from scratch and thrown out all of those old addons. That would be very sad if they did.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

There was a larger PLA pack(made in China) that was better a couple years ago although the units were all retexes but had new weapons.

ROC mod had their own set of PLA units. These had new models and looked good but just werent finished.

This newest PLA pack is just kind of...um...."ok".

Ah yes...that was it...the ROC mod. If I remember the ROC mod was a one-man show pretty much with maybe one or two other people helping with islands and a few things.

If the ROC mod is not binarized, this latest group making these PLA troops would have time better spent updating the ROC mod addons which at the time of release were one of the most extensive mods around in OFP. They'd work great combined with the BOH mod for example.

Remo also has excellent North Korean addons that could be modified (with his permission) into Chinese addons. He's a great guy to work with also...always very helpful.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Nice, been waiting for some good PLA units and vehicles.  I got an itch for a good PLA versus USMC campaign.

About the North Korean units, that's great.  Can't wait for improved DRPK units and vehicles.

Is Remo working on OFP anymore? I havent heard of him in a long time. sad_o.gif

How can I add lets say NVA faces from Nam Pack 2 to these PLA units? By that I dont mean how can I add them in a mission editor but what should I put in the confiq file of these PLA guys?

Not trying to take this off topic really but I've noticed that ROC mod 3 is coming out soon so there might be yet another set of PLA units coming. wink_o.gif

@Bucket man: Yes, he's working hard on new Afghan Everon with a lot of brand new objects. He showed some pictures of his work on ofp.info a month or two ago.

Canadian Terror, thanks for the update on ROC MOD 3.  That'll be awesome!  It's good to hear that mod is still active.  

Ag_Smith:  Good to hear Remo is still working on that map.  I talked to him not too long ago, and I remember he mentioned it.  I remember him saying that he had fixed up alot of the bugs in his North Korean pack also.   I can't wait to see that updated.  I use his North Korean mod as enemies for the BOH mod.  smile_o.gif    They make a good match since North Korea is probably Japan's only real military threat in the region unless Russia or China decided to mix it up with them.  

Maybe a trade war between China and Japan backed by military muscle.   smile_o.gif

Bucket Man:  As for how to make the faces part of the addon, I don't know off hand, but the best thing to do is to DePBO other addons that have done this and check out their .cpp config file to see how they scripted that in.  I imagine it's just a script that points to the face.jpgs that are in the .pbo file or possibly in a seperate .pbo file.  

Their is also something in the script that randomizes the faces so that they appear randomly on those units you put in the editor. That way you don't get a bunch of clones. smile_o.gif

I need to learn how to do this myself actually.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Fooled around with config trying to use BOH faces on these PLA guys. Only managed to produce weird errors.

Sure hope that ROC mod releases 3.0 soon. Its going to be great!  smile_o.gif

they guys from samern are agreed that that the texture part is not good, but problem was, we just dont have many good texture to use, taking photo with a camera is one thing, while taking the photo out of the Base is another sad_o.gif

Well I was disapointed that they used so many un-retexed BIS vehicles.

I mean...why release those? Take some time and do some new vehicles.

At least the soldiers had new textures...but the older PLA pack from Samren had waaaay more stuff in it.

Is the Chinese OFP community that small? I figured they would have had piles of good modellers/texturers. rock.gif

You know what they say about the PRC, steal, ahem I mean copy first then make an original version. biggrin_o.gif

Hi friend :-)

You didn't read news on our site >>> this addon is Version 3 (as for example CSLA II), and Beta stage 2 so far. You will find on SAMREN site more , more information about THEIR prepared vehicles, waepons etc.

There are in beta 1 more more units too.

You D/L many of these addons from SAMREN site.

pla_01.jpgpla_02.jpgpla_03.jpgpla_04.jpgpla_05.jpg

fighter

smile_o.gif