Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

Actions of Bush has increased terrorism. If you support actions causing terrorism to spread and grow, i wouldnt call it "kicking the terrorist ass"

i guees you would bow to the scum bags demands....

also terrorism has plauged us far to long time to take it to ther home i feel safer with bush in power....

karry is a flip floping mofo the american people now see this clearly

people who defends sadam or terroists blaming it on the USA is wrong terroists have a place six to 20 feet under smile_o.gif

most people would give in to the terroists demands not the free world that value fredoom and i value freedomm it came at a tremediss COST....

Quote[/b] ]That is swifboat propaganda, and has been proved wrong by almost every respected news outlet in the world.

Read Kerry's transfer request for direct evidence that refutes this.

Remember my boston.com link... rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Nice to see well thought out and informed political opinions amongst Bush supporters.

You talking about I'm voting for Kerry because he is not Bush, too...

http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110005669

Quote[/b] ]

Guess Who's a GOP Booster?

The CEO of CBS's parent company endorses President Bush.

Friday, September 24, 2004 12:01 a.m. EDT

From The Asian Wall Street Journal

With the scandal at CBS still festering, questions are being raised about whether a felony was committed when the network broadcast apparently forged memos in an attempt to discredit George W. Bush. Yesterday, the chairman of CBS's parent company chose Hong Kong as a place to drop a little bomb. Sumner Redstone, who calls himself a "liberal Democrat," said he's supporting President Bush.

The chairman of the entertainment giant Viacom said the reason was simple: Republican values are what U.S. companies need. Speaking to some of America's and Asia's top executives gathered for Forbes magazine's annual Global CEO Conference, Mr. Redstone declared: "I look at the election from what's good for Viacom. I vote for what's good for Viacom. I vote, today, Viacom.

"I don't want to denigrate Kerry," he went on, "but from a Viacom standpoint, the election of a Republican administration is a better deal. Because the Republican administration has stood for many things we believe in, deregulation and so on. The Democrats are not bad people. . . . But from a Viacom standpoint, we believe the election of a Republican administration is better for our company."

Sharing the stage with Mr. Redstone was Steve Forbes, CEO, president and editor in chief of Forbes and a former Republican presidential aspirant, who quipped: "Obviously you're a very enlightened CEO."

Mr. Redstone's unexpected declaration came at a time when an unwelcome spotlight is directed at him and his board because of the CBS airing of what everyone now believes was a fake memo alleging that Mr. Bush shirked his duties three decades ago in the Texas Air National Guard. On Tuesday, Republican National Committee Chairman Ed Gillespie alleged a leftist bias at Viacom. While it was well known that Mary Mapes, the producer who did most of the reporting on the memos, is a liberal, and that anchorman Dan Rather, has always been much tougher on Republicans, the Viacom board had heretofore remained in the background.

Mr. Gillespie said, "This demonstrates a serious lack of judgment separate and apart from the lack of judgment demonstrated in running a report based on discredited documents. Did this producer's own political viewpoint cloud her judgment? Is CBS News's decision to neither suspend nor release the producer in question a result of judgment clouded by Viacom and CBS owner Sumner Redstone's role as a Kerry fundraiser, or Viacom President Tom Freston's public support of John Kerry for President?"

Mr. Redstone's office immediately went into overdrive, denying on Wednesday that he's a raised funds for the Democratic presidential nominee. Then came yesterday's "I vote Republican" vow in Hong Kong.

It was all the more surprising because the Boston-born Mr. Redstone was co-chairman of Edmund Muskie's presidential campaign in 1972. He's also a close friend of the other Massachusetts senator, Ted Kennedy. Monday's New York Sun, quoting the Federal Election Commission, said that since 1998 Mr. Redstone had given $50,000 to the Democratic Party. He's also donated the maximum $2,000 to the Kerry campaign, after supporting Al Gore in 2000.

In his book, "A Passion to Win," Mr. Redstone wrote, "From my early days I have considered myself a liberal Democrat. . . . I had no respect for Nixon. . . . My efforts on Senator Muskie's behalf apparently landed me on Nixon's notorious 'enemies list.' I took that as a badge of honor."

Of his 13-member board, two are former cabinet members for Democratic presidents. It is this board that will ponder what to do about the Rather-Mapes-CBS mess. The bombshell from Hong Kong will not come as welcome news to those responsible for "memogate."

i guees you would bow to the scum bags demands....

Please elaborate.

Quote[/b] ]

also terrorism has plauged us far to long time to take it to ther home i feel safer with bush in power....

You feel safer with an incompetent hawk who happens to like invading nations that have nothing to do with terror attacks in the USA and diverting attention from real problems and looking after Afghanistan. Not to mention making new potential recruits in the process.

They havent even caught Osama for fuck's sake.

Quote[/b] ]

You talking I'm voting for Kerry because he is not Bush, too...

Nah, you actually bother with giving arguments.

No, what he probably wouldnt do is invade a country that had fuck all to do with al-queda and islamic fundamentalism - (iraq was the most secular state in the middle-east.) and trun it into a haven for fundamentalists and fanatics that see an easy way to exploit a bad situation.

"karry is a flip floping mofo "

Kerry, is a politician, he either took the politcally expedient chioce (my belif) or he believed Bushes bullshit and voted for the war for that reason.

"terrorism has plauged us far to long time to take it to ther home i feel safer with bush in power"

Take what to their home? our brand of terrorism? At least do one thing at a time, fix afghanistan, then move on, not make afghanistan worse than it was, then invade a second country because its easier.

That is swifboat propaganda, and has been proved wrong by almost every respected news outlet in the world.

Read Kerry's transfer request for direct evidence that refutes this.

Hmm, the Boston Globe doesn't look like the bullhorn of right-wing propaganda to me, and an article in the Boston Globe of states

Quote[/b] ]"I didn't really want to get involved in the war," Kerry said in a little-noticed contribution to a book of Vietnam reminiscences published in 1986. "When I signed up for the swift boats, they had very little to do with the war. They were engaged in coastal patrolling and that's what I thought I was going to be doing."

It is also mentioned in the wikipedia article on John Kerry, and so far, wikipedia political entries have been rather levelheaded.

On a different note, I agree with Denoir: four more years of Bush would be disastrous for the US, but quite beneficial for the EU. First of all, it would loosen the already shoddy atlantic ties, thus allowing for more bold European-centered action. Take, for example, the creation of the European Gendarmerie Force or the EU-battlegroups. A sign of European-level cooperation that would have been rather unlikely until recently. Of course, the majority of the politicians involved are shitting their trousers in fear of upsetting the NATO, but it's a first step. Until recently, any supra-national military units outside the NATO would have been unthinkable.

Second, the economy. The EU is obviously becoming a better place to invest in at the expense of the US. The strengthening Euro isn't that much of a blessing though: it makes our exports more expensive and thus makes the EU less competitive. Also, do not forget that the US is a major market and a source of income of many EU companies. A weaker dollar means worse results.

Still, a more robust banking system and a population that does not believe in spending money before actually having earned it (have you ever seen a SINGLE debit card in the US?) are things to be satisified with.

to make one thing clear from the beginning:

I am German.

I disagree with your opinion.

Atlantic ties are a matter of the politicans who are in power.

Here in Germany you know that parties like the SPD and other left wing parties (B90:Grüne, PDS) don't like the US too much (and they did that for decades). On the other hand there are parties who like the US, and support them (CDU, FDP etc.). They are telling this the public now, and they did that in the past.

This didn't change with Bush becoming President or with the War in Iraq.

The reason for losening atlantic ties is that in most european contries there are persons in power who are well known as those who don't like the US. (e.g. in France and germany)

The idea of a European Gerdarmerie Force or EU armys is as old as the idea of an European union. I would not take that for a prove for anything.

A West European Defense Union (WEU - I don't know the exact translation into English) was founded ~50 years ago.

In the last years the cooperation in the EU didn't change very much in my point of view. Perhaps there are more results visible at the moment to the world-wide public.

The things you write about the economy seem wired to me.

The economy of the US grew much more in the last years than the EU overall economy. There are some smaller contries with a big boom, but overall this is not very much.

There is in my opinion no reason to believe that the EU is a better place to invest a single Euro that the US is to invest a Dollar.

____

No, what he probably wouldnt do is invade a country that had fuck all to do with al-queda and islamic fundamentalism - (iraq was the most secular state in the middle-east.) and trun it into a haven for fundamentalists and fanatics that see an easy way to exploit a bad situation.  

"karry is a flip floping mofo "

Kerry, is a politician, he either took the politcally expedient chioce (my belif) or he believed Bushes bullshit and voted for the war for that reason.

"terrorism has plauged us far to long time to take it to ther home i feel safer with bush in power"

Take what to their home? our brand of terrorism?  At least do one thing at a time, fix afghanistan, then move on, not make afghanistan worse than it was, then invade a second country because its easier.

Iraq is nessisary as well as afgan that was there main HUBS guess what those 2 countrys are the front line fight of the main terror groups and havens for them.. they are comin in faster than ya can say told ya so... that is good we will crush them in those 2 regoins they are losing the battle and there backs are up against a wall and it is showing from there Be-headings

mad_o.gifmad_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

if you give in to there demands then where doomed like spain they get attacked then run away pussies i say the enemy has nothing to lose as they are sadistic mofos with no regard to the freeworld the day they woke us up and or around 9-am on sept 11 that WAS THE WAKE UP CALL to the freeworld and guess what the call was answered

"Republican values are what U.S. companies need"

This is my main opposition to parties on the right, i dont support the kind of hard economics that they push, i think stupid shit like labour laws and environmental protection matter.

Deregualtion of markets benefits a select few, you cant rely on the private sector to behave ethically.

Quote[/b] ]

Iraq is nessisary as well as afgan that was there main HUBS guess what those 2 countrys are the front line fight of the main terror groups and havens for them.. they are comin in faster than ya can say told ya so... that is good we will crush them in those 2 regoins they are losing the battle and there backs are up against a wall and it is showing from there Be-headings

Err? Iraq had no al-qaeda connections and none of the hijackers were Iraqis. Do you watch fox news by the way?

Quote[/b] ]

if you give in to there demands then where doomed like spain they get attacked then run away pussies i say the enemy has nothing to lose as they are sadistic mofos with no regard to the freeworld the day they woke us up and or around 9-am on sept 11 that WAS THE WAKE UP CALL to the freeworld and guess what the call was answered

Even Kerry himself isn't going to retreat from Iraq, consider it just making sure that this kind of stupid decision dont happen again.

Quote[/b] ]Err? Iraq had no al-qaeda connections

So you're saying that the 9/11 Commission just made up some connections for shits and giggles? And before you ask, I don't watch FOX.

Quote[/b] ]Err? Iraq had no al-qaeda connections

So you're saying that the 9/11 Commission just made up some connections for shits and giggles?

This commision?

Quote[/b] ]

The panel said it found "no credible evidence that Iraq and al Qaeda cooperated on attacks against the United States."

tell me where the 911 comission drew connections between the wtc incident and iraq. that i wanna see.

I REALY GET ANOYED BY THIS REPETITIVE NONESENSE...

Do you people finally get it? There were no WMD in Iraq when the US attacked and there were no connections between Saddam and Al Quaida  mad_o.gif  Jesus christ... it is getting lame now... 2004 and people still defend slogans of 2002. Oh by the way... the Reichstag back in 1930ies was burned down by jews... terorist attack you know! And those jews had connections with the poles, the french, the russians and the UK so we were actually defending ourselves. suuuuure

And Iraq is now a free country. The iraqis were actually all praying for the american soldiers to come and liberate them. 20.000 iraqis already have been liberated... liberated from their miserable muslim life.

Quote[/b] ]This commision?

Yeah, that one. The one that found Iraq - Al Qaeda connections, though no specific Iraq - 9/11 connections.

Quote[/b] ]

Err? Iraq had no al-qaeda connections and none of the hijackers were Iraqis. Do you watch fox news by the way?

Quote[/b] ]

Even Kerry himself isn't going to retreat from Iraq, consider it just making sure that this kind of stupid decision dont happen again.

so you are like Karry and like Sadam in power ?

after attacking kwait and all the other shit pilled up USA was going in no matter what they had the know how witch is enough and there mas murders AND THEY harbour terror

hmm not a hard desion as the UN did sqwat over the 12 years the only thing UN did was help them... and not help the iraqy citizens you eaither voted for Sadam or you DIE really comfortable for the people huh

12 years was long enough for that scum bag

OH ya 4 more years!!! 4 more years!!!! biggrin_o.gif

and God bless the soldiers on the front lines fighting for all our Freedoms that we value so high and as free People have such wonderfull games too play vs other free people around the World......

im done here crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]This commision?

Yeah, that one. The one that found Iraq - Al Qaeda connections, though no specific Iraq - 9/11 connections.

You have a whole lot of bombing to do then if some unconfirmed invidual connection between some fedayeen militia member and al-qaeda suffices as a reason for invasion.. wink_o.gif

Well, good thing young lads like you are eager to join armed forces so the meat grinder wont run empty soon.

My bad, I actually meant no 9/11 connection, but as far as know didnt al-quide approach them and get turned down, Saddam was at the opposite end of a lot of their views.

The thing that makes me laugh is when people start talking up how awful Saddam was and thats why he had to go, i know he was bad, but he wasnt removed from power because Bush has a burning desire to free the worlds oppressed people.

Do you think Islamic fundamentalists had the kind of freedom of movement they have now in Iraq under Saddam? and dont lecture me on people who preferred having Saddam in power, There are plenty of crappy dictatorships being propped up by the U.S and other western nations and a big part of their appeal is their abilty to "contain" islamic fundamentalism - Uzbekistan for example, where people are boiled alive. (Navy Seals trained some of their security forces last year or early this year), Thailand to a much lesser degree to name two.

---

P.S. are those "enduring bases" still going ahead in Iraq? and has Kerry made any statements about it, I know he wants trops out of iraq over 4 years, but would that be seperate from maintaing a permanent presence in Iraq?

Hi all

The proof of George Bush Junior's inability to lead is there for all to see.

Kerry Acts

It is like this there are people who act in an emergency, John Kerry who won the Bronze and Silver Star is one of those people.

Bush Freezes

Then there are people the freeze. It isn't their fault it is just the way they are. George Bush Junior is one of those who freezes.

The evidense is on video

It is there for all to see, he is a commander who is incapable of command. No if buts or maybes, when the chips were down George Bush Junior froze.

It is there indelibly written in video and on the public record in the 10 minutes required no orders for the nations defense. In the 20 minutes of photo call  opportunities; no orders for the nations defense. In the 34 minutes from his first being told: "America is under Attack!" to the last plane plowing into the Pentagon in the Nations Capitol; no orders for the nations defense.

Some Military History

Those of you who saw the TV series Band of Brothers will remember in the Battle of Foy, a real historical event, there was a Lieutenant in charge of Easy Company who does exactly the same as George Bush Junior does on 9/11; he freezes unable to give orders. Those under his command are asking him what should we do all the time lives are being lost as those at the Pentagon were. Luckily in the Battle of Foy there was a commander, Major Winters, above that Lieutenant who ordered a replacement Lieutenant in to the battle and the situation was saved.

In the case of the Commander in Chief there is no one above him to replace him. Except the electorate.

The threat of George Bush Juniors failure to lead

Consider it is your own life and lives of your family; your sons and daughters you are placing in the hands of a president who when the Chips are Down cant act. He Freezes. It is there recorded for all to see on video; his mind so terrified he cannot even stand and has to be told to stand up after the book reading.

Chickenhawk Retreatism

Then we have the strategic Retreatism of the whole Chickenhawk crowd of NeoConMen.

The US military won the battle for Afghanistan but it is the Chickenhawk crowd of NeoConMen who have lost it. Leaving Afghanistan so that now the Taliban control all but Kabul. All because they became distracted by Iraq. 40% more heroine is now being traded from afghanistan as a result and the Taliban take a cut on it all to fund their terrorism, and this is despite the US army being their. If the US had any real power there then the heroine harvest would have gone down not up.

The US military and the rest of the Coalition won the battle for Iraq and ousted Sadam but it is the Chickenhawk crowd of NeoConMen who have lost it. Leaving larger and larger swaithes of the country currently more than 60% in the control of terrorists and insurgents and turning the Iraqi people against the US. The US military has been left to an ignominious bunker mentality because the people in charge do not know how, and had no plan, to win the peace. They dare not even journey through the streets of the capitol bahgdad with the now daily bombings, mortars and now rocket attacks. The US millitarys grip on the situation is slipping away I fear we have already passed the tipping point.

The Chickenhawks are loosing the War on Terrorism

Under the Chickenhawk crowd of NeoConMen the US is loosing the war on terror which has spread like a cancer across the world with atrocity after atrocity. While the US military has been pulled from flashpoints all over the world. Leavin the US with less and less influence over world events and the breeding grounds for terrorism.

Troops in N. Korea have beeen reduced at a time when it has finaly become a nuclear power. The retreat from the Sunny Triangle and the Bath party controled Haifa Street area of Bahgdad has meant more and more terrorists are being trained.

Pakistan is so over streatched that it cannot offer troops for peacekeeping in Iraq, either that or Musharef is terrified of the backlash it would provoke among his own countrymen. The failure to stabalize Pakistan with its borders with an incresingly Talibanised Afghanistan leaves the terifying prospect of Nuclear capable Al Qaida superstate if Musharef is deposed, assasinated or justs has a heart attack.

An America fearful of the the Next Attack

Every day we awake fearful of the next major attack on US soil by an Al Qaida that the NeoConMen have left to grow stronger by the day. The Chickenhawk NeoConMen have done nothing to stop it other than crying Wolf! So that now when the threat assesment goes up no one notices.

The argument that by fighting the war in Iraq it keeps it in the middle east is the kind of specious one that only a fool would believe. Iraq is now the chief training recruitment ground for Al Qaida. Their bombers and kidnappers are busy learning the trade. Their agents are learning their tradecraft. Since the war on Iraq began the  country that was anti Al Qaida has become its strongest base.

The Chickenhawks Al Qaida marketing drive

Since the Chickenhawks called off the hunt for Al Qaida in Afghanistan they set Al Qaida free to roam the world and it has started franchises and been funding terrorism across the world: Turkey, Spain, Indonesia, Saudi Arbia, Pakistan, Italy, the UK, Russia, Iraq, the Philipines, Kenya, Jordan etc. Now not a week goes by without a new atrocity.

The fact that they have not been found in the US just proves that the abilities and tradecraft they practiced before 9/11 has not decreased. The plane fact is the NeoConMen of TBA have not captured the Al Qaida operatives that are active in the US. Only a stupid fool would think they all went to Iraq.

The Chickenhawk NeoConMen have damaged the reputation of the USA

The USA needs a leader who can win America alies not one who turns it in to a nation that is loathed for fighting a war that many may think was illegal and most now know was unjustified.

George Bush Junior Flip Flops in war.

The USA needs a strong leader who has the ability follow through. Not one who flip flops on the war as George Bush Junior has. Who liberates Afghanistan then gives it back to the Taliban. Who liberates Iraq then gives it to Al Qaida. Who vows to capture Falujha but then tells the troops to retreat. Who warns N. Korea not to develop Nukes then pulls out the troops who are suposed to guard the border. Who promises world security but then leaves us with a world with more terrorism than it has ever experienced with now daily bombings and kidnapings.

America Needs a New Leader, it is Time for Change

In a war the USA needs a President who will act. Not one who freezes in abject terror.

In this time of fear the USA needs a Commander in Chief with a proven record under fire.

The USA needs a President to bring hope back to the country the USA needs John F. Kerry.

That hope will come it will come in November when America Elects John F. Kerry as President.

Kind Regards Walker

I've noticed that they say that the Electoral Vote Predictor uses linear regression for the final projection map. It is an extremely primitive technique that is very unlikely to give any reasonable results until the very last days before the election. The principle is that they draw a straight trend line based on the recent results and assume that the trend will continue indefinitely. If we however look at the actual plot, we can see that the trend varies on almost a daily basis, which invalidates the linear regression approach.

graph.png

Instead of that, I used a neural network for prediction. Without going into too much detail, neural networks are non-linear universal function approximators and can find very complex patterns in data. They have been successfuly used in a number of fields for prediction - including very complex systems such as stock markets.

The network I designed predicts the electoral count 30 days ahead. The data used is from the polls, collected form the Electoral Vote Predictor ranging from end of may until two days ago.

This is the neural network model used:

eleann1.jpg

Neural networks are trained i.e they adapt to data. In this case the input data is Bush/Kerry electoral vote count and the output data is the electoral vote count shifted by 30 days.

On the training data set the neural network performed like this:

eleann2.jpg

Green = Actual Bush electoral vote count (EVC)

Blue = Predicted Bush EBC

Red = Actual Kerry EVC

Black = Predicted Kerry EVC

As you can see, the neural network performs quite well. It is however data that the neural network has been trained on, so it says very little about its actual performance on new, unseen data.

When we try that we get this:

eleann3.jpg

While it isn't as good as the previous one, one can clearly see that it has captured the trends pretty well. And here we have our 30 day prediction, which states that in 30 days, Kerry will have a significant lead

Now while the methods here are far more accurate than the ones they use at the Electoral Vote Predictor, and the prediction should be better, doesn't mean that it is a very good prediction.

Why the prediction above is not to be trusted:

[*] Too little data. To make good generalizations, neural networks need lots of data. The neural network above was trained with 124 data points, which is about 20 times to little to guarantee good generalization capabilities. When neural networks get too little data, they start learning it by heart - meaning that they perform well on the data that they have been presented with during training, but perform terribly on new data.

[*] This prediction is based on the the Electoral Vote Predictor data. They translate popular support in the states in polls directly into ECVs, which introduces a number of errors.

[*] As Bush and Kerry are almost tied, in most polls the data is within the sampling error of the poll - meaning that the polling data is worthless in the first place.

So the prediction above is basically the best you can do with the data that exists. There is however little data and it's fairly crappy, so one can't really expect any great accuracy.

Quote[/b] ]to make one thing clear from the beginning:

I am German.

I disagree with your opinion.

Atlantic ties are a matter of the politicans who are in power.

Here in Germany you know that parties like the SPD and other left wing parties (B90:Grüne, PDS) don't like the US too much (and they did that for decades). On the other hand there are parties who like the US, and support them (CDU, FDP etc.). They are telling this the public now, and they did that in the past.

This didn't change with Bush becoming President or with the War in Iraq.

The reason for losening atlantic ties is that in most european contries there are persons in power who are well known as those who don't like the US. (e.g. in France and germany)

On the contrary. Most EU countries have governments that are quite well-disposed towards the US. But this is changing. The general population of Europe was against the war in Iraq. The governments that pushed on with the war are/will be punished in the next election. Just look at Spain. Aznar cum suis would have been deposed even without the Madrid attacks. As it happens, the new government is much more well-disposed towards increased EU cooperation.

You say that over the past decades, some parties consistently disliked the (republican) US while other parties had close ties with them. This is also changing. Just take a look at the relationship between the British Tories and the Republicans. Historically the closest of allies, Thatcher and Reagan serve as the best example. But now? Iraq has driven these allias apart, and Karl Rove even angrily told the Tories that Michael Howard wouldn't be welcome in the White House. This naturally prompted an angry response from the Tories. In other words: the status quo is being shaken up.

Quote[/b] ]

The idea of a European Gerdarmerie Force or EU armys is as old as the idea of an European union. I would not take that for a prove for anything.

A West European Defense Union (WEU - I don't know the exact translation into English) was founded ~50 years ago.

In the last years the cooperation in the EU didn't change very much in my point of view. Perhaps there are more results visible at the moment to the world-wide public.

I don't doubt that these plans have existed for decades, but it is the cooler relationship with the US and thus with NATO that has enabled the EU to actually put these plans into motion.

I'm not saying that if Bush remains in the presidential seat the EU will magically put aside all differences and, as if at the touch of a magic wand, will turn into a warm 'n' cosy federation. I do however feel that a prolongation of Bush's irresponsible and ostensibly damaging policies will nudge the EU towards closer cooperation.

Quote[/b] ]The things you write about the economy seem wired to me.

The economy of the US grew much more in the last years than the EU overall economy. There are some smaller contries with a big boom, but overall this is not very much.

There is in my opinion no reason to believe that the EU is a better place to invest a single Euro that the US is to invest a Dollar.

They may seem 'wired' to you, but they are based on fact, not opinion. US recovery has mostly been a jobless one, and it rides on the back of immense fiscal and monetary stimuli, as well as rate cuts. This in turn has resulted in a structural budget deficit of 5% of GDP, almost three times as high as the whole euro area. The US also 'enjoys' a current-account deficit of 5%, while the euro area has a surplus. That's why the expensive euro is in fact harmful for the euro area: we export more than we import.

Similarly, the US growth figures are greatly exaggerated. For example, it is said that the US GDP grew by 5%, while the GDP of the euro area lagged behind with a mere 2.1%. This measurement, however, is unfair, simply because the US population is growing at a much higher rate. The only truly fair measurement of performance, GDP per capita, has increased at a rate of 2.1% and 1.8%, respectively. Quite a difference, I would say.

Also, US statisticians calculate GDP differently. For example, money spent on software is counted as an investment, and thus contributes to GDP. In the euro area, this is seen as a current expense and is thus excluded from the calculations of final output. There are many more examples of such statistical differences which, when aggregated, inflate the growth of the US.

There are other similar issues that escape the eye of the casual on-looker. I suggest reading the Economist's report on EU and US figures. It can be found in the june 17th edition.

Quote[/b] ]Yeah, that one. The one that found Iraq - Al Qaeda connections, though no specific Iraq - 9/11 connections.

Nuke yourself then. USA had a lot more connections to Bin Laden than Iraq ever had....business connections, private connections and governmental connections.

All fulfilled. Ask your president, or put him to jail.

When will it get into your heads that Bin Laden and Saddam hated each other while the Bushés are special friend to the Laden family for a very long time, who actively finance Bin Laden and DO have contact to him as a wedding video clearly shows.

Funny...the guy on the video is in big business with the Bush family and financed Bush´s first oil company...

Quote[/b] ]Here in Germany you know that parties like the SPD and other left wing parties (B90:Grüne, PDS) don't like the US too much (and they did that for decades).

Bullshit. Where have you been when Clinton was running the USA ?

so you are like Karry and like Sadam in power ?

after attacking kwait and all the other shit pilled up USA was going in no matter what they had the know how witch is enough and there mas murders AND THEY harbour terror

hmm not a hard desion as the UN did sqwat over the 12 years the only thing UN did was help them... and not help the iraqy citizens you eaither voted for Sadam or you DIE really comfortable for the people huh

12 years was long enough for that scum bag

Dude...

Either start writing in Word and use a spell checker or quit posting here, because you look like an idiot with 90% of your post mis-spelled.

And of course your inane ramblings about things disproven over a year ago doesn't help either.