Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Bush vietnam service record released

Hi all

Bush a fast jet pilot? Lets try to put it all in perspective.

link removed at walkers request

Kind Regards Walker

lol! tounge_o.gif

Nice site!

edit: after viewing some of the other presentations, I'm not laughing anymore. wow_o.gif

Hi all

I think George Bush Jnr.'s real attitude to his nations troops needs to be highlighted.

Edit link Removed

It is not what somone says that counts it is what they do.

[EDIT]It has come to my attention that on the same site as the above there are some disturbing images. May I suggest you exersize caution if you visit the rest of the site.[/EDIT]

Kind Regards Walker

Hi all

Bush a fast jet pilot? Lets try to put it all in perspective.

Edit link Removed

Kind Regards Walker

lol! tounge_o.gif

Nice site!

edit: after viewing some of the other presentations, I'm not laughing anymore. wow_o.gif

Hi ozanzac

Yes I agree some of the files on the site are very disturbing.

Hence I have not linked to those files particularly the DU file. While the info they give is verifiable and true they are not pretty.

While the images and film are dealt with in a documentry fashion for reasonable political purpose some are harrowing; discretion is advised if you visit the site as content is graphic and somwhat unpaletable on some of the subject areas.

I have posted in the other threads those films which are safe to watch. I hope others consider what they link to from the site before they post.

Kind Regards Walker

Hi all

As you may have seen: I have censored some of my posts.

The reason for this is that the posts contained links to files that in themselves were perfectly acceptable but were on a site where more disturbing images and film were available a few clicks away.

While the site itself and even the disturbing content were used in context and used by the site for a good and honourable pupose in reporting things that are wrong in Iraq and else where; they were never the less graphic and disturbing.

I will endevour to find a location for the same files that does not also contain the disturbing images and films.

For those who have already followed the links I gave and then via those links clicked on to other links where the disturbing images and films were. I give my unreserved apologies and point out only that it was not my intention they be upset by the images and that I did not post the links knowing the disturbing content existed on the site.

Once again my apologies Ian Walker

Personally, it wasn't the images that I found disturbing. It was the truths and mis-truths about TBA that the other flash animations revealed to me, and although they were graphic in nature, the war that they resulted from was also graphic in nature, as is any war.

No need to apologise, Walker. I hold you in high regard for bringing the site to my attention. smile_o.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2004....ex.html

Quote[/b] ]WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- The frequently irreverent "Doonesbury" comic strip is offering $10,000 to anyone who can show that President Bush served in the Alabama Air National Guard.

"That's right -- we're offering $10,000 cash to anyone who can prove George W. Bush fulfilled his Guard duty in Alabama," Wednesday's strip said. "So if you served with Mr. Bush -- even if only in the officers' club -- we want to hear from you right now!"

Readers are referred to the Web site doonesbury.com, where a Witness Registration Form asks for online testimony. The site says the prize money is being underwritten by Doonesbury creator Garry Trudeau. "Thanks to Bush's massive tax cuts for people who don't need them, GBT is flush."

The hitch is the winner will not actually receive the reward. Instead the Web site says the cash will be donated in the winner's name to the United Service Organization (USO), which entertains American troops.

The strip first offered the reward on Monday and already there are hundreds of responses, according to David Stanford, duty officer at the online Doonesbury Town Hall.

"We're only in day three and have already received witness forms from over 600 contestants, with more streaming in every hour," Stanford said in an e-mail response to questions.

"We'll be carefully processing all of them, but what's immediately striking is that so many who've plunged into the depths of their 1972 memories have surfaced with accounts that involve automobiles, alcohol, aliens, secret ops and Elvis," Stanford said.

The White House had no comment on the contest, but Christine Iverson of the Republican National Committee said laughingly, "It sounds like a stunt worthy of a comic strip."

biggrin_o.gif