Sign in to follow this  
Tankerkid

Playing on internet via lan?

Hi,

I seem to have a problem. my brother and i both have my flashpoint GOTY installed on the computer, and can acess gamespy multiplayer through the game, and play multiplayer. ufortunatley, it wont let us both on the same server. mad_o.gif

Is this to do with the CD Key and is there any way to avoid/solve this problem?

Thanks

Tanker

It is likely because you have internal IP's, therefore you are both known as the same IP externally.

It's easy to find out, if your IP is 10.0.0.x or 192.168.0.x, you have internal IP's, but if they start with something else like 80.x.x.x or 60.x.x.x, you have external IP's.

Just go into Start -> Run and type "ipconfig", without the quotes.

The only thing to do against it would be to have 1 computer sit outside the network and have an external IP.

Both joining internet server using same cd key will activate "fade"

You will each need your own cd key and installation of the game

I have been sharing modems for years, we join the same server all the time in a number of games,some servers do a "clone" check and may not allow you to both play (quite a few tribes2 servers didn't allow clones)

I don't think OFP does this

Are you sharing your connection?

Using integrated XP share engine ?

If yes it came from that , just use a proxy software that is better than the one from XP , try winproxy it will solve your problem .

If you use a router , try to config it or buy a new one that can be config tounge_o.gif