Sign in to follow this  

Bushes as concealment on nogova

I've heard this somewhere, and all evidence points to this being the case, but is it true that the AI can see through the bushes on Nogova?

Yes, the bushes on Nogova offer little or no "protection" from AI detection.

The lower-res bushes from the original 3 islands do however offer protection from the AI's prying eyes.

thought so... thanks

Yes, the bushes on Nogova offer little or no "protection" from AI detection.

The lower-res bushes from the original 3 islands do however offer protection from the AI's prying eyes.

Is this a bug or a feature?

I think they were trying to make some sort of suppressing through bushes type thing. Too bad they failed but I guess they have their reasons for not changing this.

Plus they are still useful as they give cover or make the enemy's shots more inaccurate. Being in cover is still more important than being in the open. I commanded AI in the CSLA mod (first playable mission) to go behind trees and they crazily shot at the enemy without casualties while me and two guys flanked the opfor.

But yeah, when the AI detects you, they know where you are at all times no matter how bad they shoot at you.

nothing beats getting wacked by an AI Machinegunner who´s 300 meters or more away behind several bushes eh?

85% of times this is the way i loose in coops sad_o.gif

Yes, the bushes on Nogova are very sloppy when it comes to cover.

When I come under fire by a human machinegunner from afar, I just stand still. 90% of the time, you dont actually get a shot smack bang in the middle of the crosshair. smile_o.gif

When I come under fire by an AI machinegunner from afar...boy I gotta do twists and turns and run like mad until he reloads and I can find cover. smile_o.gif