Sign in to follow this  
cympatheey

Dangerous streets mod

Dangerous Streets MOD is set in current Day Phillideplhia and after Alex Timbers wife was assasinated by a loan shark because he owed money to the mafia, he enlists himself as a made man for hire in oreder to get closer to the man who killed his wife. More Information will be put up on our official site http://dangerousstreets.gamingsource.co.uk.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Dangerous Streets Modification Team Needs your Help.

We currently need the following:

Modelers-To help me with the creation of the weapons,vehicles(Cars,trucks Planes Helicopters) and to go and check over and give an opinion on what needs to be changed.

Texture Artists-To create textures for the models created for use in game

Config Writers-To create the configs necessary to bring the Model Created in O2 into the game for use with the mod

Scripter-To Create scripts needed for the Missions and custcene help for me.

If you Think you can help us out with any of the above following positions please send an email to outoftimekid@hotmail.com or drop me a line on our official forums http://dangerousstreets.gamingsource.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Thanks for any of the Help.

/CymPatheeY

No offence man, but for this typa thing youd be better off modding Max Payne/Max Payne 2

Why? Why not Push the OFP limits OFP is a much better engine than Max Payne. yeah so it lacks in a small amount of things but OFP is a much better choice for a variety of reasons. I dont want acrobatics and crap I want a drug/Mafia SImulation and I foudn this is the best engine to do it in.

/CymPatheeY

I said no offense, so dont take any, im not being insulting, im offering my 2 cents. I long mused the idea of creating a mod along similar lines (OK so i was thinking if it would be possible to make blade runner biggrin_o.gif), but same principle.....big urban environment, alot of detail needed, alot of people needed to create the right feel.

Now your facing the following problems. Modelling all the buildings so that there is enough variety not to get repetetive, and modelling them in enough detail, yet, at the same time keeping lag down.

Then youve got creating civilians. Theres a unit limit per side. With this, youve gotta create all the characters you need to make a city feel realistic. Plus there is no way to make civilians act authentically except extensive scripting, and i cant see this being easy.

And then you got how crap OFP AI acts in urban situations....

Errmm, its just gonna be alot of work, for something a different game engine would support alot better.

Infact, thinking about it, Deus Ex / 2 engine would be awesome to mod this kinda thing with, its BUILT for it. tounge_o.gif  Dunno if theres modding tools for it though.

Ohhh Yeah I wasnt offended by it and true deus ex would be alot better but I know jack shit about Deus ex as compared to OFP and ofp has a much better scripting engine and seems like it was built to be changed. But yeah I know its going to tak alot of work but thats pretty much the point correct me if Im wrong but no one likes a mod where it seems like no work was put into it right? so If you or you know anyone that would like to help out with this mod then tell them to give me a shout out on this post because were looking for people to start. Also another thing its not going to be too much of an urban mod more along the lines of the Streets Campaign. Just alot more weapons buildings and better missions scripting.

/CymPatheeY

G3A3 Rifle- A rifle used in the MOD by the main character Alex Timbers. This model needs textures and a redone config.

g3a3screen.png

COlt 45 Pistol-Cureently Needs a COnfig.cpp and a little better texture job. This is not an Ingame screenshot.

colt45screen.jpg

Lol, Deus Ex and May Payne? He said Cars,Trucks,Planes and Choppers in his first post.I can't think of a better engine.

BF 1942, and the upcomming JO fit into the catagory of LAS. Anyway, good idea, but OF isn't a game for close quarter battles, just keep that in mind.

Yeh BraTTy, but i was trying to think of alternatives to OFP, given the limits of the OFP engine for urban and close combat.

Not bad cympathey. I think the g3 front sight is wrong mate, might just be the angle, but it should be a ring sight.....basically the same as the HK MP5 sight.

Yeah I realize it was supposed to be a ring site only thing is I wasnt sure how I would do the ring sight sad_o.gif so if anyone could give me a little help on how to do it that would be great!!! Thanks for the feedback everyone too. Im still learning o2 and those are my first 2 models I've made, so i still have a long way to go but I think they've turned out pretty good. Once again I need help and theres not going to be alot of class quarter battles. maybe a few but not alot mostly sniper missions gang wars drug deals gone bad, stuff like that. Go download and play Alex Cannabis Streets Campaign not sure where they have it anymore and then you'll get the genereal Idea(without the shitty translations of what this mod is about.)

/CympatheeY

I just sent a PM attempting to explain making a ring sight. wink_o.gif