Sign in to follow this  
BlindDeath

For all asking for new boats

I don't think it is a good idea for new boats considering that the water is only 10 m deep. This game is also <span style='color:green'>LAND</span> based not <span style='color:blue'>WATER</span> based. and if it is please name me a mission where you battle at sea.

and one more thing.............how would u get into the new boats??

I agree , I mean lets focus on the LAND aspect of this game , I think thats what BIS would have wanted smile.gif

naval warfare would have sucked anyways cos for a destroyer you need at least a few hundred crew and I do not want to sit there for 30 min to scroll my mouse to find a spot in the ship

Yeah that's exactly right.

People are asking for addons that are on a too large of a scale for the game.

Like cargo planes just won't work out well.

Big ships won't work either.

Too all the people asking for these kind of addons... think about it.... There are so many more usefull things we could have in there.

I agree too...

Also I have to say that naval bombarding (CAS from the sea) is hard to achieve, and it is tactically hard (complicated). We are seeing multiplayer battles where people have problems to take a house using co-op tactics. Everyone wants to snipe ("I am alone, I can do what I want, I only think of me,me,me,me,me, *SYSTEM MALFUNCTION*), and now some of those me-me-me-men, talk about naval addons. It is incredible, and it NEEDS something called TEAM-WORK (do you know what i mean). That kind of support is not or this game, but it is not the game itself, it´s the kind of players.

My apologizes to those players who try to play in a "intelligent" way. This not goes for you....

I agree that boats are not what the game is about..

But, I do think the addition of a pucker landing craft would be good for those 'beach landing' maps. It would have been better to have them rather than the naval patrol craft.

A cargo plane would have a function for land based missions. A cargo plane is vulnerable, but when it lands and that tank finally gets out... oohyah! A nicely motivated objective. "When you think the path is clear, summon a cargo plane. If all four cargo planes are shot down, you wont have heavy support."

It would have its function in the game.

As would landing crafts. As would a marine vessel that actually can take on a tank (or sporting Anti Air facilities for that matter).

But be careful of taking it to the "next step" that features marine units whose function is to take out other marine vessels. When that snowball starts rolling.....

I personally enjoy the high speed spec-ops feeling of the small but fast marine vessels of today. But that is what they are, and only that. I am not surprised that the campaign did not put you in a firefight from one of these. They do not cut it very well, and we cannot as per today create a landing scenario with any serious hardware.

And a good "retreat from the island" scenario should at least have enough seafaring hardware to keep a BMP from just overrunning the whole mess as it can today.

Not exactly a "grand scale"/"clash of the titans"-feeling.

Yea, imagine when u and 4 others guys have taken a village.... The a friendly chopper comes in, with two m1a1's.

Wouldnt that be something?

i think youre all crazy. why would have to have 100 people to run a destroyer? this isnt real life all you really have to have is a gunner for the 16's if you really wanted you could have someone drive it.it doesnt have to have the same draft as a real destroyer. i would love to see the lst be u sable craft for assaults you should be able to load it up with a couple bradleys and some troops at the minimum.i do agree its asking for a bit to get all the things people want

but if some of it could be made i think it would make the game even more popular. but i disagree that landing craft arent part of how an invasion would work. it would combine all elements air land and sea. the us army wouldnt hit a heavily defended beach without softening it up with artillery first and they wouldnt just para on to it. besides these are islands your fighting on you have to get there somehow ok sure you could transport by air but logistically tanks aint gonna swim over island to island they would sink like stones(which they do they aint bmps or m113s). and currently there is no way transport tanks via air. its hard enough trying to get 2 squads into a chinook let alone having a runway large enough for the aircraft they use to transport tanks.

Small boats would be cool tough. like a Zodiac and a speedboat and maybe a marine boat thats a like bit bigger then the PBs you have now.

I'd like a way to insert 12 men (or 24) using only one landing craft. An amphibious APC would be great, as it could also provide some degree of fire support further inland.

The boats that are in the game already would be more useful if the Islands had a river in them. A wide river with a bridge or two would make for some interesting missions.

er....we already have amphibious APCs (BMP, M113, etc)..

I think an armoured, infantry only landing craft that would fit a whole 12 man squad would be excellent and well within the capabilities of the software as it stands. Though it might be hard to have an opening and closing door at the front (none of the other vehicles have this..)

You could just have it that passengers get in and out at the front (same animation as at the back of a truck..)

I think it would be pretty hard to create a vehicle carrying landing craft as none of the other vehicles can do anything like that....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Espectro on 10:30 pm on Nov. 21, 2001

Yea, imagine when u and 4 others guys have taken a village.... The a friendly chopper comes in, with two m1a1's.

Wouldnt that be something?

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes it would, given that there isn't a chopper in the world that can lift even one MBT.

Obviously this game isn't about choppers or planes either, since flight model is so bad.. lets erase those.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">er....we already have amphibious APCs (BMP, M113, etc)..<span id='postcolor'>

True, and I'd happily cross a well-behaved river in an M113. However, I have some doubts about their seaworthiness.

I've never had one sink on me yet. They are slow as molasses in the water, but I've never been afraid of drowning in one.

I tested the M113 in the water off the Desert Island, it got stuck I could no go back to land, I could go no where! so I got out and drowned smile.gif

Why want a boat when you can have a submarine? Once when I was just testing vehicles, I had that LST in the water and I was practising landing an Apache on it. Except landing it was really hard for me and it fell off a lot. So I had it in auto hover and when it would go in the water, it would sink but I wouldnt die, I could stay under anf then just fly right out like nothing happened. I could do this over and over and I thought this was quit fun until I looked out my window and got distracted as I usually do.

yeah, submarines would be cool. but you shouldnt have written it here. all the guys will cry now. "you cant have submarines in a LAND game *cry*. you are just a sniper! *malfunction*"

ok. i think my point got through. i hate when you write stuff between *. thats just for nerds. *malfunction* <- whats that?! why do you write that? you look like a idiot!!

Or a hefty moonrover with Hellfires. Rofl! :biggrin:

But seriously, I think we need more boats. Nothing big. Maybe a landing craft and somthing with missiles on. No submarines though, as I think any large ship would be a little weird. Once, I placed the LST on a map together with some other units, and I soon found that the scale was a little off. But a ship is too big anyway.

But I certainly don't think this should be a <span style='color:green'>land</span> based game only. After all, these are four godd*amn islands. So the game must include the <span style='color:blue'>water</span> to make it an island..... Get my point? wink.gif

I agree with the boats theory... a Landing Craft or something small, there should definately be a river or two on these islands, like Bronco said, and a few bridges (destroyable) every so often.

I'd like a cargo plane, like the C130 in the game, And i dont think it's a stupid idea, you could fit about 4 squads into one of those, imagine paradropping 48 men onto a position!?... sweet.

And I dont think it's possible to transport vehicles inside vehicles on this game, they just bounce around.