Sign in to follow this  
Spartan_04

The zombies are coming!!!

Just had a (somewhat) original mission idea. What if there was a horrible bio weapons accident on a Nogov. The player would be in charge military and police units scattered around the island (controlled via the CoC command engine). The objective would be screening the civilians from the Zombie hordes, as they are moved to and evacuated from an air or sea port. The mission could use tracy_t’s or zombie pack, DMX’s Nogovian police units and regular resistance units for the army. I think it’s feasible; the only difficulty would be keeping the game play fresh (fragging zombies’ does get boring after a while). Unfortunately I’m horrible at using the mission editor and can’t bring this idea to life, but I’m posting it with the hope that someone will.

Hello.

Funnily enough I am working on a map like what you say, except I'm not using the CoC engine (it's single player at the mo)

I will put the WIP up on my site when I get back from work (about 8PM GMT) for people to use as a template.

S.

lol i WAS making a mission like that too, except i was using the FDF men, but one of the major reasons i havent done much is because no matter what waypoints i give the zombies, the first group at an abandoned base will NOT stay they, i seem to find them roaming around headed for my direction

Really?

That's pretty interesting; no version of the zombie addon has "intelligent" zombies that move/attack on their own, so why they are moving in your direction, I dunno.

But, if you are using my movezombie.sqs script, they will attack of their own accord. The simple thing to do is not call movezombie.sqs in that case, not until the waypoints have completed.

If you need any more advice, I'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Scott

ive got the "zombie.sqs" in the defiant units init line, so thats where ive gon wrong huh?

Yeah, zombie.sqs makes your zombies think for themselves, and ignore waypoints smile_o.gif

Its hard to get a zombie to follow waypoints, munching on some GIs on the way

*shudders*

smile_o.gif

heh i got a little workaround thanks to my buddy Hawkins for the syntax

group the zombies together and put this in the leaders init

zombie== group this (not sure if its one or two ='s)

make a trigger near the zombies (or radiating aroudn them) but out of range of player and AI sight/weapons (i got a foggy mission biggrin_o.gif)

and on the triggers on activations bit

"[_x] exec {zombie.sqs}" foreach units zombie this

(or something like that not 100% sure on it all)

and voila now zombies will attack when the player sets off the trigger.......i hope biggrin_o.gif

btw tracy_t, do you have the FDF mod, maybe you can try it out if u dont have FDF i can easily convert it to Earl and Sucheys Marines or just the standard units, that is if you want

Mission Atmosphere

take a look at this pic this is the front image for my mission, you have to defend your start base from this group using ur trusty men and mounted machine guns biggrin_o.gif, and that is the atmosphere through the mission (note the fog and dark weather)

Excellent! Glad that the zombies are being put to good use. Remember, the headless zombie and the legless zombies are also available for download from shellshock's workshop (see the zombie addon thread for D. Murphy man's URL.) - the crawler is especially hard to kill smile_o.gif

heh even though im not great at mission scripting etc ill make it as good as i can, btw i already got the zombies (all of them) :P a while ago biggrin_o.gif

im close to having a beta, not to test out gameplay really but to test out the mood and atmosphere of it any volounteers?

you will need;

FDF mod 1.2 (thats the latest one of FDF i think)

ECP (possibly but i may remove the ecp stuff at the very least you will need the OFPEC blood, which i will include in the zip)

The Zombies.........obviously.....

Nightstalkers Remmington (also to be included in the beta zip file with permissions of course biggrin_o.gif)

Yes, I would like to test it - very interested in playing a zombie game lol!!

smile_o.gif I made a small mission with them, it;s under my sig. tounge_o.gif

Nice addon tracy_t.

*trying out now*

[edit]

just tried it out now.........man you must love those zombies, but may i suggest either toning down on the zombies or give the player a faster firing weapon

*trying out now*

[edit]

just tried it out now.........man you must love those zombies, but may i suggest either toning down on the zombies or give the player a faster firing weapon

Yea, there are some hidden weapons, but now I have added at some places dead bodies with better weapons.

Hi there,

love the mission - but I can't get the "get to bridge" objective to mark as completed, even though I've reached the bridge and killed all of the zombies (and what lovely zombies they are lol)

Any ideas? I don't want to unpbo your mission cos it will ruin all the surprises.

PS: Nice music and fx!!

When you get to the bridge you need to move over it, then you will get a message. smile_o.gif

I've already done that smile_o.gif

I walked over the whole bridge (noticing the barbed wire underneath it lol - don't you hate that, not being able to place objects on top of bridges!) and got to the 2 dead soldiers with M16s. I took out grenades and the Glock and whacked the zombies (including the crawlers) but the mission objective didn't complete.

Shame, cos the mission is quite creepy (due to the excellent sound, I'd say) .

Regards,

Scott

So, did you get a radio message when crossing the bridge ? It tells you where to go next  rock.gif

Made a small update btw. smile_o.gif