Sign in to follow this  
Devil

Software Development Kit News

Guest Scooby

Voting wouldnt work because idiot population is so big.

Though if voting would be done from certain preselected group of units which would have been chosen by somewhat reasonable people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Scooby on 5:40 pm on Nov. 28, 2001

Voting wouldnt work because idiot population is so big.

Though if voting would be done from certain preselected group of units which would have been chosen by somewhat reasonable people.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, just like those idiots who wanted a Steyr or G36 in ofp

Remember this is not cunterstrike

I'm getting sick of these "ELLO 733t BIS DUDES I WANT A SA80 AND A LYNX M8's" threads.

interview with MArek Spanel:

.....There's no final plan's about the SDK - we will consider what tools to reveal to the community and how to best to it.....

Marek Spanel think:

Red Hammer = u$s......... house editor

blue screwdriver =u$s........... tutorial "how create a new sound"

yellow cutter = u$s........ animated gif editor...

Me, as a lot of fans, I´m able to pay for an expansion with new foreign units, but not for new misions with the same units.I can create new misions,i can download a new misions from internet totally free, why should we pay for an expansion with misions like the ones I make?

if most of the people that buy the game is stupid, so it´s a game for stupids, and stupids are the people who make BIS to earn a lot of money, not you!

"General documentation" about what? Can you be more specific?

You can also sell "SDK" (don’t know how you guys call it) thru Internet, or your site as download, like you did with “red hummerâ€. I sure there will be a lot of peoples who will buy it.

I think that voting system might work if only certain people are allowed to vote. For example only admins of OFP web-sites or moderators of big forums

As long as they just ignore all of this

'I want a Huey' and 'I want another helicopter for the West side that adds absolutely no new dimension to the game but it would be cool for my specops' or 'give us xxx new US vehicle because the Russian counterpart is more powerful' kind of shyte

what we need, as I have said a hundred million times before, is something that adds a new element of gameplay to OFP, such as fortresses and bunkers (so that we can have a decent defend/assault mission) or artillery or sidearms (last two are not ideas I particularly care for but think are good ideas for the reasons above) so THINK ABOUT IT all of you idiots of the OFP community

Maybe people want those extra weapons and vehicles so they can make realistic missions. Just because they don't fit with the original Op Flashpoint game doesn't mean they aren't useful for home-made missions.

why does everyone want the SDK so badly???

try and go to another games offical forum and ask for their offical tools so you could "re-design" their game

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suma on 12:50 pm on Nov. 27, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All I am asking for is a little news. Oh and could you update your site at least once a month? It has been over 3 months since any updates.

<span id='postcolor'>

Are you talking about www.flashpoint1985.com site? As far as I know, last update there was Scripting reference two weeks ago.

<span id='postcolor'>

Alright, Bohemia site is OK.

But I mean, at least post some real game screenshots! Not beta shots. I'm not whining or demanding, I'm just saying that it's pretty strange to see this on the Codemasters site:

russian.jpg

The interview with some Codemasters executive means nothing since CM didn't really do any work on the game, just published it.

Another thing, is I wish Bohemia would provide more support for the ever-growing fan community, such as perhaps an addons site or ANY kind of tools! Just anything you have lying around.

Furthermore, I like how your site is designed, it's very original, but update screenshots, please wink.gif

Also, why don't you answer some popular questions, such as what happened to the LST?

To busy creating lots of goody's for me and my missions which i never release cause i have no web space.

I guess they must be very busy working on the next patch (which everyone wants not just a minority).

Most dev. teams are only just in double figures so it's not like they're likely to have spare man hours.

It can be frustrating waiting for editing addons (how long was it before the editor button on their website worked!) but give it time and I'm sure it will all come together.

oh and about the lst, I'd like a FULL FAQ explaining all the little things like the lst, no side arms, the throw weapon command, etc... Just to clear them up once and for all.

Thanks for the update!! BTW, you guys ROOOOCK!!!! And thanks for checkin in with us. This is why I go to the BIS site instead of the Codemasters site. Mwwhwhahahahahahah! biggrin.gif

Devil, you are Totaly Right... BIS, as musch as I wuv you guys, I'm leaving.

I quite.

I'm just fed up with all this.. (Can't swear.. Tis not like me)

...I wounder why they don't answer us, they listen, but do not answer, and if they reply, that is proof.

-They take in some of our ideas, but almost always never reply...

I'm not saying I'm leaving the foumrs.. and I'm not saying I'm abandoning OFP... I'm saying... Ah, screw it, i don't even know what I'm saying anymore.. lol!

-Probably, the evil forces of BIS!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Sid on 8:01 am on Nov. 30, 2001

Devil, you are Totaly Right... BIS, as musch as I wuv you guys, I'm leaving.

I quit.<span id='postcolor'>

Then you'll never be a maniac.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suma on 6:22 pm on Nov. 27, 2001

There are no news about SDK. We are still to busy with patches and general documentation to be able to think about releasing modelling and other tools soon.

We cannot not release any "model import/export plugin", as we do not have any.

<span id='postcolor'>

You guys need to release an Editor upgrade, with tons of mission 'templates' and in-editor scripts that make more happen for less work in the editor!

Thanks (also, the Editor docs, a total Document with its scope covering every possible function, would be perfect - could sell as a book)

ok we best get off suma's nuts, the ofp team obviously doesnt

ok we best get off suma's nuts, the ofp team obviously doesnt want anyone to be able to have much fun with ofp, they just want us to buy it, get mad at it, and then download or buy thier updates which "fix" the previous problems... right.... and the sdk, well they say they are going to release it to attract more buyers, people see the possibilities of the mods (like invasion1944) and think "i gotta get this game" but little do they know that codemasters/ BIS isnt gonna release this mo fo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from fixOPFsoundsplease on 10:58 am on Nov. 30, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suma on 6:22 pm on Nov. 27, 2001

There are no news about SDK. We are still to busy with patches and general documentation to be able to think about releasing modelling and other tools soon.

We cannot not release any "model import/export plugin", as we do not have any.

<span id='postcolor'>

You guys need to release an Editor upgrade, with tons of mission 'templates' and in-editor scripts that make more happen for less work in the editor!

Thanks (also, the Editor docs, a total Document with its scope covering every possible function, would be perfect - could sell as a book)

<span id='postcolor'>

You can do 1000x as much with new models!