Sign in to follow this  
Matthijs

Can any one make me a mission?

Yeh the intro i guess is a bit slow , initially but hey as i said i made it very quickly i thought mattijis needed it soon.

If i ahd the time i could fine tune it and make the mission more better too.

Your link seems to be not working for me btw  rock.gif

I think both missions are good, exactly what I meant the demo to be: a simple plot, for a short game. Both mission also do need some polishing.

I really like the intro by Ace. I've never seen "my" weapon being fired in slomo, and it looks very nice. The intro is a bit long, but that can be used nicely for some extra introductions.

The mission is exactly what the AT4 was made for: light infantry trying to save their skin when encountering enemy armor.

For both the mission and intro, I think it's a little over the top, from a military perspective. When commanding a single fireteam against this kind of opposition, there is only one sensible solution: run like hell. The mission could be balanced by reducing enemy forces, and/or adding 1 or 2 friendly teams, and/or provide some sort of support (helo, airstrike, fire mission or a tank squad).

For the intro, 1 man doing just one shot from behind some sort of cover, and then dropping the fired weapon would be more than enough to set the tone.

The mission by Red is currently the most playable. As a player, you only get to fire the AT4 once, but that's what the AT4 is all about. A run up to the truck, 3 rounds... A short and intense firefight, as I would imagine Spec Ops would be. (The only thing is here is: could you put all the captives in the back, and 2 guards+driver up front? It gives some extra opposition plus slightly more realistic "feel" of the game, not to have 2 captives next to the driver.)

The 1 mile walk to the extraction point gets a bit boring. A shorter walk (even though less realistic) would solve this. Another option would be to add a script that makes AI really "hunt" the player, moving all groups to the any West unit's last known position and initiating a search from there.

I encountered an enemy patrol 100m from the extraction point. After that, I figured the extraction would get nasty, but when arriving after the intense firefight, the blackhawk was just happily sitting there, waiting for our arrival, engines off. With the hairy situation and all, I was actually expecting for the extraction as I see done in the army commercials: 1 or 2 helicopters picking up the cargo, while apaches hover overhead to provide cover.

As said, I'm really happy with the results. Do you think you two could do something with my feedback? It would be great: 2 very nice missions for 1 small add-on.

biggrin_o.gif

I agree about the gaurds in the truck, I will do this soon. I was thinking of adding group linking scripts, but didn't for 2 reasons: 1. It would create more lag and 2. I am not sure what version of OFP it would be compatiable with. If you want me to add group linking scripts I will do so though.

RED

Now the link works red smile_o.gif

Ok on to the points you made , expect a major overhaul in my mission wink_o.gif

I'm no tactics expert, but this is what I've heard from some people that are "in the business":

When attacking a defensive position, the attacking party would need at least 2x the manpower of the defendig party, to give the action a good chance of succes.

Artillery, armour and airpower count as force multipliers (but I have no clue what factor that would be). They can be used to soften up the the enemy, but cannot really keep an area under control.

So from the enemy perspective, the Russians do a good job in your mission. The section of mechanized infantry and the platoon of T79 tanks would certainly do the job, probably even against 2 or 3 teams of light infantry. Doing it this way, US forces are likely to withdraw, keeping USSR troops' morale up and casualties down. (Remember that for when you are playing CoC or C&C missions ;) )

To make the mission a bit appealing for novice players, I think the balance of power should be a around the 1:2 ratio.

I hope this will be of help to you.

smile_o.gif

I agree about the gaurds in the truck, I will do this soon. I was thinking of adding group linking scripts, but didn't for 2 reasons: 1. It would create more lag and 2. I am not sure what version of OFP it would be compatiable with. If you want me to add group linking scripts I will do so though.

RED

Maybe just a huge trigger "west detected by east; repeatedly" and a script that does a <group> move getpos (list <trigger> select 0)> for a few selected "hunting" patrols. That should keep the player occupied for a while, especially when encountering a normal patrol. Triggerhappy players will quickly learn to keep a low profile when they are behind enemy lines.

smile_o.gif

Well i updated my mission re did the mission with working objectives , and a new obhective this time.

We are a small AT squad send ahead to soften the enemy armours advance , all 4 peeps in the group have one missile only so there reality for you biggrin_o.gif , but dont worry there are 4 tanks so you'll have your hands full plus the road is mined too so acting tactfully is only gonna result in the player winning this , i this time actually tested the mission several times so it works properly if and even won if played properly wink_o.gif

Added new !canmove condition to check the tanks so they need not to be totally destroyed just disabled then the infantry moves in to durras.

The intro remains pretty much the same except i cut down a few seconds on the time , and have the other towns scene a bitlater in the evening making for nice lightning effects by that AT-4 , btw i left the AT'ers in the intro with multpile shots of it because i think the intro was to demonstrate this thing and not a display of RL shootouts tounge_o.gif , so i left them with multiple though if youre hell bent on realism then tell me i'll try to edit them but its going to be tough because the whole intro will need redoing then (something which i dont have the time for atm)

Well enough crap from me same link as before different file:

Demo Mission

p.S: Check the breifing though i editted it a lotthis time with working everything even a overview pic thanks to RED i used his a template wink_o.gif , and added som info on the M-136 rocket in the Notes section too for reader viewance.