Sign in to follow this  
Gorgi Knootewoot

SCUD explosion

I once managed to drive from a hill with a scud and i bounced a few meters through they air. ( it was v 1.00) Than i landed don my side near the sea. I fired my SCUD, and it flew on the surface of the sea horizontally.----------WHOOOOOOOOOOOSH>

I wonder, if i get my SCUD on the side near a hill or town, and i fire the SCUD.... Will the SCUD explode when it hits a building or the hill?confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif?

I tried to get the SCUD on its side a lot of times with v1.20 and now with v1.30, but it won't work. I tried to do it by driving against in with a tank but the SCUD ot broke but lied sideways. Has anyone else tried to do it ?? And do u see a exploion?

Gorgi    /==========|

\==========|

/---|_________|------|   You may fire when ready

|                                 |  

O-------------O---O---/    

Why not put a helicopter above the scud and fire the missile?

LOL!!! :biggrin:

I will try to reproduce that SCUD-on-it's-side -trick... I'll have to test this thing out... smile.gif Why haven't I thought about this myself?

But I'm afraid that since that SCUD is nothing but eye-candy in the game, the missile won't hit anything.

You know that area on the west coast of Malden with the steep cliffs around this inlet of water?  Well, if you get a scud on one side of the steep cliff, near the bottom at the water, witht he launch truck pointing to the side, you'll see if the scud explodes when it hits something. Going to try it tonight.

-=Die Alive=-

I already tried it out. The SCUD just cuts through the hill like butter...

That's what I thought would happen.  It's just like try shooting the scud, nothing happens because there' s no explosive in it, It's just a hollow rocket.

And why would someone want to fire a scud pointed at ground level.  It says on it "AIM AWAY FROM FACE," does it not?

-=Die Alive=-

On the island malden i think where theres that big drop i drove the scud down the hill flipped it over fired the missles and it just gos threw the mountain and keeps going

HindKill.jpg

"Is that a SCUD poking out of the side of Mi17?"

This really looks like a crappy picture manipulation, but it's not. That's a real SCUD shot at a real Mi17.

(Edited by Spitfire at 11:22 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Spitfire on 2:22 pm on Dec. 5, 2001

HindKill.jpg

"Is that a SCUD poking out of the side of Mi17?"

This really looks like a crappy picture manipulation, but it's not. That's a real SCUD shot at a real Mi17.

(Edited by Spitfire at 11:22 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

<span id='postcolor'>

Better try again. As you should know, angelfire doesn't work for hosting pics. (Although you can still paste the URL into a browser to see it, and it is cool.)

Hmm... How can I see the picture just fine on the forum?

Ah! I just tested it out with IE and doesn't work, but with Netscape it works fine.

(Edited by Spitfire at 11:38 pm on Dec. 5, 2001)

The scud does make a for a fine self-righting mechanism. Turn your SCUD launcher upside down (drive into a steep slope) then select 'Deploy SCUD' or whatever the command is. Bingo ... one upright SCUD launcher.

why is there a Cobra in the background of that pic? You can just barely see it back there behind the end of the mi17

There sure is... Mr. Sharp Eye.

If this AK-soldier would turn just a bit to the left, you would see a #### of a lot of vehicles in line there...

This is a "playground" map where I tend to test all kind of funny things. All those vehicles can be repaired instantly with a radio command.