Sign in to follow this  
trinec

Milkshape 3d

hey any one familiar with the mlod file format interested in creating a plugin for milkshape3d if so Iv'e talked to mete who is the maker of milkshape3d and he is not familiar with the mlod format or he would make the plugin. Any help appreciated

Thanks

Whats wrong with O2?Besides I dont think that milkshape will ever be able to make a .p3d for flashpoint.Due to all the info that is packed into a .p3d file.

o2lite is easy to make models and texture,its one of the best progs ive used.love to get

hold of Oxygen full prog

O2lite does seem to be a good program (I'm new to it, the jury is still out).

However, it would be nice to be able to convert 3d models from Milkshape (and all other 3d programs, particularly 3DMax 3ds files) to allow the OFP community to take advantage of pre-built models that are all over the web.

You'd still have to add the LOD stuff, but it would save a ton of time and push mod development forward at a much faster rate.

Deke

Didnt say there was anything wrong with o2 just that two program to model with is better than one. Some people might like the way milkshape3d works over o2light just an idea I've talked to mete the creator of milkshape3d awhile back as well as programmers for the program Ive given the p3d file format information to em. So who knows. Also on getting .3ds files into o2 you can but most models need extra information called 3ds kdata to be able to go into o2 which you can use a free program called anim8tor to add then load into oxygen then you have to scale your model to the correct size and add the lods etc etc..

Yaeh Or you can use anim8or not sure of the link make sure you enable the dummy kfdata before exporting the object easy as that.

/CymPatheeY