Sign in to follow this  
sicilian

Ofp mapchanger server tool

As result of [iT]Q's idea of input some random value into the map names on the server I wrote a little tool doing this.

This should prevent the map cheat of downloding actual map and putting some scripts for cheating in it and then come back on the server.

If the map name contains a large random number its harder for those cheaters especially if you admins change this names every day.

We know therefor you have to download the map each time the name changed but for smaller maps of <200kb it should be acceptable! Especially it's meant for the old known cheater maps!

Also a perl (linux compatible) version by Benu is in process!!!

Included Features:

+ includes a random number from 10000 up to 99999 at the end of the map name

+ define a standard folder for program start

+ automatically changing spaces to underlines

+ automatically changing upper letters to lower ones

+ support for many custom islands

+ special option for unsupported islands

+ remove random value to get back to old filename

+ Optional: Change spaces with underlines without random value

+ Optional: Change upper to lower letters without random value

+ Sort function for changed and unchanged maps and all isles

+ Time scheduler

+ Option for saving your favourite maps for changing

+ Option for loading this maplist

Version 1.0.9

Download

(could be possible that it wont function without the net.framework update!)

Note that it isn't the final version!

Watch it out and report here!

Any wiches bugs and all the other things to

sicilian@web.de

Multiplayer tool threads should go in the multiplayer forum smile_o.gif

When i click on EXE i have this error:

(applicazione nn correttamente inizializzata (00000x00adsa)

sad_o.gifsad_o.gifsad_o.gif

In addition to the comments on ofp.info I will explain the time scheduler now. Because it seems ppl dont realize this tool does the change automatically!

You can choose known cheater maps like mokra and hexenkessel and define a time plan which changes the mapnames for example every 10 minutes! The tool tries to change the defined maps and if one of the defined maps is played on the server tool will change it next time it can change it! So you have to do nothing than define some maps which will be changed. It hasn't to be the whole mpmission folder! Mention that ppl!

I/we know that there is the debug command for checking maps but therefor you have to have a admin on server doing it! And even if you have detect a maphack you only can kick or ban this player! But he can do this every time again and you admins have the work checking him out!

This tool takes the work for ya!

And we discussed much time the download problem and came to a conclusion that maps which are less than 200kb (and that are the most known cheater maps except the CTI ones) are acceptable for redownload them every time!

Another thing is, that NO player knows while connecting to a server if he had to download or not!!! So dont tell me it is to hard for ya! Even ppl with isdn or slower connections have to download maps on servers so why not this? There is no reason!

nice work ! biggrin_o.gif

u did a great work for the community !!!!!!!!

1.94 with requiredmod and antimaphack, and u can play a game without cheaters, except stupid trainers...

tnx a lot smile_o.gif