Sign in to follow this  
Captain Kickass

Who wants a sequel?

Don't get me wrong I can't get enough of this game but who would prefer a sequel rather than MOD's. As usual I'm neutral on this Thread so don't start Flaming me or patronising me!

I'd really like to see a much updated engine. I understand that they need to make the engine run on many machines, but I'd really like something that is targeted closer to the higher end machines. They have a long way to go for smooth rolling hills, etc. Then they could also impliment rivers, caves and deformable terrain. They also need to work on better physics and handling for vehicles, especially fixed-wing aircraft. I would also like to see support for firing weapons from vehicles and ship that can carry people and other vehicles (LST that works).

OK. Don't get me wrong, but rivers on that kind of the islands as OFP islands. Think. They're too small, to have a river. Some caves would be nice.

i think that copter handling is just OK. And car handling is OK too. U just have to lower your speed at turns.

As for the LST. ship is a ship. OFP engie doesn't support walking in the vehicle of any kind. Can u imagine what instrumenst the ship have inside. The engie wouldn't handle this.

Original OFP graphic can't be changed. What is it's done. If you're talking about OFP II, then it's ok.

I would love fox holes and other implementations that allow me to make a defensible position - as an infantry man.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from SpaceAlex on 2:25 pm on Dec. 7, 2001

OK. Don't get me wrong, but rivers on that kind of the islands as OFP islands. Think. They're too small, to have a river. Some caves would be nice.

i think that copter handling is just OK. And car handling is OK too.  U just have to lower your speed at turns.

As for the LST. ship is a ship. OFP engie doesn't support walking in the vehicle of any kind. Can u imagine what instrumenst the ship have inside. The engie wouldn't handle this.

Original OFP graphic can't be changed. What is it's done. If you're talking about OFP II, then it's ok.

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I was talking about OFP 2. I think rivers would be fine. Maybe "Streams" would be a better way to think of it. Anyway I wan't thinking of the Mississippi or anything. Hopefully OPF 2 would have bigger islands, maybe not even based on islands (although I'm not sure if that would work well...)

Even though I'd love to see a sequel forget it.....to many issues of this can't be done here or there because of the small islands....well the next should take place on a mainland somewhere........

If the game moved to a mainland setting, we would run into problems of the game having limits. There would have to be some very thick and tall forest or other methods for giving the map an edge. After all, the engine couldn't handle a continent sized island. Maybe just a larger island that seems to have a mainland in the middle?

If that happened I wouldn't play the game again...the Taliban are the most respectful type of people this world has.....they are loyal and will die for what they believe in....I know for sure American's are to much of a bunch of pussy's to do that.....the logic is they want to kill you so you kill them first, anything against them or not....but this isn't the place to discuss this and even if it was I wont get into this with you people because the human mentality makes me to mad........

for ofp II i would like..... smile.gif

completely destructable terain, realistic explosions, ability to dig foxholes and trenches, realistic tank armour and damage models, heavy tanks- not bouncing about all over the place :biggrin:, some caves and rivers

OFP II should have :

1) Bigger islands (including a city)

2) Railroad (including train)

3) Bridges/Rivers/Waterfalls/Caves

4) Deformable terrain

5) Indoor area's

6) Better communitation/orders system when playing with Multiple AI teams

6) GMAX support for custom 3D vehicles

or is that OFP 3 I am talking about......hmmmm :O

I agree with the last post except this isn't and indoor type of game and i'd like it to stay that way.

How many wars have you seen fought indoors?

But a big ruined city like something out of Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan would be cool.

The train idea is good but you can move around inside vehicles so I can't really see ow it would work.

i would like the ability to play as any country (so you could set up Britain vs. Germany vs. france vs American vs isreal vs mongolia whatever. a massive campaign would be good too.

i'd also like the graphics to be improved. yes, they are great now, but three years up the line they should be MUCH better.

rivers for bridge destroying missions and some cool vietnam esqe river battles.

theres so much stuff i could say but i can't be arsed typing it all. the game is brilliant as it is, but admit it, theres so many ways it could be improved....

If your talking about adding:

Improved Graphics , Large cities with well defined buildings and Deformable terrain - imagine the processing power needed.

I recently read the following in the latest issue of PCGamer (UK)...

..."Next year, however, will see games based on the next generation Unreal engine - unofficialy known as the ' Unreal Warfare ' engine- and Id's new baby. Harking back to the company's legendary Doom licence, the Doom 3 engine will power both Quake IV and, suitably enough Doom3.

Doom 3 will be characterised by "massive system requirments". John Carmack has speculated that a high spec GeForce 3 system should be able to produce about 30fps - almost unplayable by most current standards. But the pay-off will be photo-realism for characters, layer upon layer of bump mapping to bring textures to life, and the most incredible lighting and shading yet - all designed to create the most convincing, complete world possible, rather than one broken into ' effects ' "

"

I would love if BIS could incorporate all the ideas that OFP fans come with, but we have to strike a playable balance between availabe technology and the performance of the game.

Would you rather wait for a quick sequel or wait another 4 - 6 years when the technology can take OFP's game engine + environment into a truly phenomenal experience... ( not that it doesn't come close to it, in it's current state smile.gif )

Why u say that u cannot improve graphics in OFP?

If u include support for bigger textures (1024*1024) and add new models for trees and houses

Its gonna look much better than Unreal 2 and Doom 3!!!!!

in 3 - 5 years time better graphics will be pretty much essential.

imagine selling what looks like the same game in 3 years with some new vehicles and maps and campaigns.