Sign in to follow this  
CanVagabond

Bis blackhawks - two gunners

-----------

EDIT - just realized I clicked on the wrong forum...sorry.

-----------

Ok, this idea may have been offered before, and I can't believe that it will be original, but on the flip side I didn't see any specific post relating to this.

Just a couple points to clear things up.

1. I know that the Engine is not made to handle vehicles firing two weapons at the same time.

2. I'm using BIS because i like their Blackhawks and they might be able to pull this off.....

The idea.

Create a blackhawk with two usable miniguns.

More specificaly, add in another gunner for the righ side of the craft, and that weapon as a seperate weapon selection.

Imagine that you are orbiting one of the larger Tonal cities. You fly over the streets and rather than taking fire from the left side of the craft, you take fire from the right side. Now, you have to get that bird turned around so the gunner can take a shot at him.

Why not add in a right sided gunner that you can use, by selecting the second mini gun in the same manner you can switch from the machine gun in an M1A1 to the Sabot?

That way, you can keep the bird on course, the left gunner is "turned off", and the right gunner is now able to fire, and you don't need to hurl that bird around?

------------

The immediate problem I can see is that you now have two AI gunners, and this isn't as easy as it seams, switching guns, you now have to switch the actual gunner, but can it be done?

Quote[/b] ]1. I know that the Engine is not made to handle vehicles firing two weapons at the same time.

Why not add in a right sided gunner that you can use, by selecting the second mini gun in the same manner you can switch from the machine gun in an M1A1 to the Sabot?

It's a turret coding issue, only one gun turret allowed. I presume that the machine gun effect is only a different muzzle flash.

Attempts have been made to setpos turrets to desired spots an various airframes - with the expected results.

It was noted by BAS that the second minigun was removed since it is currently inoperable.

I would recommend researching how AC-130's engage targets, as nearly all their firepower is mounted out the left side. Basicly, sitting still taking pot-shots is what gets folks waxed.

I would recommend researching how AC-130's engage targets, as nearly all their firepower is mounted out the left side. Basicly, sitting still taking pot-shots is what gets folks waxed.

My focus is on Blackhawks or other 'chopper's getting two guns going, not real wolrd tactics, but thank you for the info on the attempts and technicalities.