Sign in to follow this  
kujina

Players have veteran health in cadet mode - how?

I have a mission where I want tanks to have extended (realistic) armour so I am using Cadet difficulty with extended armour.

But as you know players can take about double the damage too, which I don’t want. How can I use cadet mode and have players with veteran style health? I 'm supprised bis didn't create two settings, one for vehicles and one for players.

A quick thought/fix

You can always make every soldier to start already hurt (the slider in every guy properties) , this way you have the extended armor of Cadet setting for vehicle , and your soldiers have similar resistance as Veteran with extended armor off.

But do not include a medic in your mission, as he will begin to heal everyone smile_o.gif

Someone should have a script that is better for the situation .

Yeah that had already crossed my mind, but its far from ideal, the players would have shakey aim etc and would be healing at medi tents anyway.

One way would be to use a hit eventhandler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname addeventhandler ["hit","unitname setdammage ((getdammage unitname) + 0.2)"]

Not tested but it should work smile_o.gif

RED

One way would be to use a hit eventhandler:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname addeventhandler ["hit","unitname setdammage ((getdammage unitname) + 0.2)"]

Not tested but it should work smile_o.gif

RED

I will try that, but does anybody know a way to kind of switch off exteneded armour for players wihile keeping it on for vehicles?

The extended armor is not an option for realism. That is the arcade option. The default armor is the realistic one. And, from what I've seen in videos of the effects of missiles on tanks, the default armor is actually more effective than most real life armor. I don't know where you got the impression that the extended armor is the realistic one, and that we're all playing on arcade mode. I assure you, it's the other way around. I imagine that you, like most folks, are under the impression that bullets (and missiles, really) are easy to stop, because most movies portroy them as being that way. I don't know how many times I have to preach this rant, because it doesn't seem to do any good. A "bullet proof" vest won't stop any rifle caliber. And a tank's armor won't protect it from a decent missile, or even a burst from a good cannon.

I have read posts which disagree with that, I'm mainly refering to rpg fire vs tank armour.