Sign in to follow this  
MINIGUN

Mlod models

BAS have from BI Studio all mlod models what they want.I want to all modelers have this models!!!They can be uploaded to breathe.Its not a problem

BAS have from BI Studio all mlod models what they want.I want to all modelers have this models!!!They can be uploaded to breathe.Its not a problem

Sorry... I meant the tool. from Ramo and FlipeR

They have not. Stop whining.

Guest jacobaby

hard work and skilled coders, not necessarily part of BAS

D'uh...

here we go, some form of official statement (I suppose)

We [bAS] DO NOT get our MLOD models from BIS. We have close contacts with FlipeR (from the OFPInternals team) and he has access to P3DEdit.

This is how we get our MLODs, we cannot have every model, or any model.

The conversions are far from perfect, as far as I know the tool was still in early Alpha stages when development was canceled.

At the stages of development that the Addons community is at now, having such a tool would be a step backwards, not forwards.

I'd just like to finish this statement by saying we [bAS] DO NOT have direct access to this tool, and it takes us a long time to fix the models we do get.

Please DO NOT start emailing us requests for models, as they will simply be ignored, since we cant actually forfil them anyway.

There, now you know all about our apparent "MLOD deal", which is infact just the rumour mill at its best.

I take it all back,

Oh and Thanks for that Ah-1 model that had the Cockpit from the Ah-1 that was in the game.

Not totally true, but who doesnt modify? Afterall arent we just modifying the game??

Oh and Thanks for that edited Ah-1 model that was from the game as well.

Actually, the AH-1 was NOT in anyway in-game content.

The model was all Eviscerators work, the textures Tigershark's.

As stated in the readme.

Well there is a difference when editing content as to makeing new from scratch addons.

Littlebirds - from scratch

MH-60s - from scratch

KLR - from scratch

SOAR - from scratch (well, nearly, only 2 lods from BIS models were used for the lowest resolution, and the memory)

Updated De/Ra (yes you dont have them yet) but the new models are from scratch

care to go on?

Straight from the readmes:

LittleBirds:

Quote[/b] ]DESIGN TEAM

===========

Original Model: Drakkhen

Original Concept R&D: Scorpio, Fliper

Model Improvements: SelectThis, Tigershark

AH-6/MD500 Models: SelectThis (using improved Drakkhen model)

Textures: SelectThis, Tigershark

MH-60's:

Quote[/b] ]

Models by SelectThis

Textures by Ebud

Scripts by TJ, rom

Special thanks to Deadmeat and Evis

KLR:

Quote[/b] ]

DESIGN TEAM

===========

Project Coordinators: Skaven, SelectThis

Modeling and Mapping: Wetwork,SelectThis

Modeling (Only): Frandsen, Eviscerator, Vixer

Mapping (Only): DeadMeat

Textures: Ebud ,Skaven

SOAR:

Quote[/b] ]

Models by SelectThis

Textures by Ebud

Scripts by TJ, rom

Special thanks to Deadmeat and Evis

Updated De/Ra

Cant say yet

Look man Im sorry for the BS,So I have deleted all the BS.I dont want to argue with anybody in the Flashpoint community.So ill stop.It hard to admitt it when your in the wrong,So I do admitt that I am in the wrong.Sorry

Thankyou for being so gracious NZX, but I felt I had to prove the point.

Yes whilst some of our work is modified BIS models, a lot of it is not.

99% of Tonal is ours, no BIS at all, yes the OPFOR vehicles are BIS, and the base soldier models, but you must appreciate that the vast majority of BAS work is original. And that modifying these models is not often very easy, for the MH-47 the model went through about 5 re-edits before beta, and the update has had even more edits...

Even FDF uses BIS models, otherwise work from both teams would take much much longer too come out.

I agree in general it would be a step backwards. However...there's a couple of things that would be handy to know (named properties, memory points etc). But as for the quality of models...I think the community is doing very well. Go back and look and the original CWC stuff.....I know plenty of people in the community would abuse someone if they released work of that quality. smile_o.gif

This Mlod tool or what ever you want to call it.Would be something that would allow everyone to edit each others models.And maybe export them to something else other than Flashpoint.People might even touch up the detail and sell them.But,Some people dont want people to do this with certain models.So this means that they wont release there addons to the public.No biggy i guess,

Hi guys only roma could help us who has hidden from everyone don't have the tool , so I will make a review and make it public... or the others..!! like FlipEr ; Triger ; a-lone-wolf who has the tool , and bis said they will release the m2a2 but it's just a blah blah! I spent a month for this, but no results... sad_o.gif

I don't need the models, but I would like some information from some.

I don't care if Bas has tools or not, whatever information they have had ,they have given in a professional manner (international soldier)

Even if they have tools ,they can't/won't be the ones resonsible for giving to the public i'm sure.Bis doesn't want everyone tearing their models apart, i think some of the reasons are:

People would make multiple versions of their addons,some buggered and some prolly interfering with the original addons.

Somebody could spend alot of time reworking their originals and possibly even making the originals look poor compared and maybe even make the game look outdated

Some of the work of their own models may have been contracted and within some limits of use

People would steal their work and call it their own (already happens of course)

They may have/had plans of addon packs for retail

I understand somewhat why they havent given us models,its been a few years now anyways,I would still like some information from a few models

I don't  need the models, but I would like some information from some.

I don't care if Bas has tools or not, whatever information they have had ,they have given in a professional manner (international soldier)

Even if they have tools ,they can't/won't be the ones resonsible for giving to the public i'm sure.Bis doesn't want everyone tearing their models apart, i think some of the reasons are:

People would make multiple versions of their addons,some buggered and some prolly interfering with the original addons.

Somebody could spend alot of time reworking their originals and possibly even making the originals look poor compared and maybe even make the game look outdated

Some of the work of their own models may have been contracted and within some limits of use

People would steal their work and call it their own (already happens of course)

They may have/had plans of addon packs for retail

I understand somewhat why they havent given us models,its been a few years now anyways,I would still like some information from a few models

if you want information on the model , you can it's possible contact a-lone-wolf!